There are some lovely free apps becoming available for parents at the moment, such as the Cow & Gate Let's Toddle! one that I told you about here, but this app created by Tommee Tippee is perfect for mums and dads-to-be who want to create a virtual time capsule of all the special moments of pregnancy and early childhood for their baby. Best of all, it's totally free and only needs a facebook account for you to use it.
Tommee tippee® launches new intuitively designed digital storybook, The Day Baby Was Born™
Having a new baby is a once in a lifetime journey and with so much happening so quickly, it can be hard to remember every detail. But thanks to tommee tippee, the number-one brand of baby feeding accessories in the UK, parents can cherish their personal memories in an innovative and exciting way with the launch of a new free web application, The Day Baby Was Born™ .
The Day Baby Was Born™ lets mums and dads-to-be capture their own personal story from the moment they know baby’s on the way, to the day their baby is born. Parents can create a personalised storybook that details their magical journey through pregnancy and also captures a glimpse of what the world looked like on their child’s birthday- a valued memento for little ones to look back at when they're all grown up! The Day Baby Was Born™ is available at www.thedaybabywasborn.co.uk and simply requires a Facebook account to activate.
Users can include all or some of the following into their storybook, depending on how much time they wish to spend:
· News & Facts - capture a glimpse of what the world looked like on the day their baby arrived, choosing from a list of top news items, entertainment headlines, sports information, baby’s horoscope and top books. The Day Baby Was Born™ finds the information for the user; just choose the story or fact from a list to have it included
· Key Moments - the many congratulations messages you receive from friends and family can sometimes get lost or forgotten along the way. With The Day Baby Was Born™, Facebook comments linked to your pregnancy and birth announcements are automatically gathered and added to your personal storybook forever
· Pregnancy Journal - from the first positive pregnancy test to waiting for baby to arrive, Mum or Dad can keep a personal journal recording every single detail of their journey
· Letter to Baby - parents can write a letter to baby to capture and share how they felt on the day their baby was born
· Photo storybook - Images can be uploaded to the storybook from pregnancy to baby’s first days so mum and dad can capture and save all those once-in-a-lifetime moments
Sharing their Joy
If they choose to, parents can share different sections of their storybook with their friends and family on Facebook throughout The Day Baby Was Born™ journey and once their child is born, download their completed colour storybook to print and treasure forever.
Louise Harris, Mayborn’s Global Digital Communications Manager says “Bringing a baby into the world can be a wonderful, but overwhelming experience. There are so many memories created and this exciting journey can fly by in an instant. The Day Baby Was Born™ has been developed to give parents a simple way to save and share their experience with family and friends, so they can remember every precious detail”.
The Day Baby Was Born™ web application is completely free and available to anyone in the United Kingdom who wishes to use it. As the website uses Facebook Connect technology, users must have a Facebook account to log in to the site
You can find Tommee Tippee on Facebook at www.facebook.com/tommeetippeeUK and follow them on Twitter at www.twitter.com/tommeetippee_UK
Other reviews you may be interested in :