Wednesday, 13 July 2016

The Teddy Bears' Picnic Bake Box (review)


I've already told you about Bake Box, the subscription box for keen home bakers, which contains a selection of bakeware along with a series of themed recipes using different techniques and the enclosed items. I've already reviewed the Spots and Stripes and Flower Power boxes and shared several of the recipes with you : a chocolate bundt cake, polka dot Swiss roll, flower jellies, lemon shortbread and gooey chocolate cookies (which were supposed to be made into the base of a trifle, but the kids gobbled them up too quickly !). They all tasted great (well, apart from the jellies, which needed extra cordial added because they were too bland) and all importantly, they all looked absolutely amazing, which is not usually my strong point in the kitchen.


The latest Bake Box has just arrived and I absolutely love the theme - Treats for a Teddy Bears' Picnic !


The first thing that leapt out at me when I opened the box was an adorable teddy bear cake mould, but there are also all sorts of other baking and decorating paraphernalia, including a textured roller, cookie and sugar paste cutters, stencils and other fiddly bits that I will know what to do with once I've examined the enclosed recipe cards.


So here's what this latest box encourages us to try making : Teddy Bear Cake, Picnic Cupcakes, Woodland Biscuits, Cherry Traybake, Mini Lattice Rolls and Daisy Battenburg. As usual, they all look totally beautiful and slightly out of my culinary comfort zone, which is great news because I always love a challenge. I'll be busy travelling for much of August but I'll be sure to share my attempts with you once I've had a go.


I received another separate surprise from Bake Box last week too - a bunch of goodies that come as a free gift when you subscribe for several months. Very useful they will be too - a Bake Box apron, a trio of cake tins and a recipe binder and dividers.


Bake Box delivers a new package of goodies every two months and each box costs £14.99 + £2.99 postage.

for more information : http://the-bake-box.com/

Disclosure : I received a free subscription in order to write an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment