Wednesday, 14 September 2016

The September Bake Box : New York New York !

I love my Bake Box subscription because, every two months, a brand new box of mystery themed bakeware and exciting recipes is delivered by the postie. The understated, chic, lilac-coloured boxes always look the same so there is no telling what will be hiding inside until you open them up and peel back the tissue paper, often accompanied by a squeal of delight, mixed with just a hint of trepidation, because I know they're going to push me slightly out of my culinary comfort zone ! Up to now, there has been Spots and Stripes (I made a fabulous spotty swiss roll and a stripy bundt cake), Decorate With Flowers (you can see my rose jellies, lemon shortbread flower biscuits and gooey chocolate cookies which were dubbed far too good to be broken up as a cheesecake biscuit base, as they were intended !) and Teddy Bear's Picnic (so far I've shared my Lattice Sausage Rolls and Cherry Tray Bake). (Click through on the links to see my past efforts and the contents of the previous boxes.) But what would be hiding in the latest box?

Well, this month's theme earned a particularly enthusiastic whoop of excitement : the iconic American city of New York, which I have very fond memories of visiting on our honeymoon, all the way back in the year 2000.

I absolutely love the trio of New York themed cookie cutters and can't wait to try them out.

 The rest of the baking accessories look equally appealing - a mini donut tray for making baked donuts, a whoopie pie tray, ...

... a silicon mould to make a giant cupcake, blue food colouring and a chocolate deco mat.

 I was intrigued when I saw the transfer sheet for the chocolate deco mat and couldn't work out the New York link, but when I looked at the recipes, it suddenly made sense - it represents the art deco design of the Chrysler building !

 The recipes in this month's box all sound fantastic and I think the kids will love every one of them : Banoffee Whoopie Pies, I Love New York Cake, New York Biscuits, Iced Mini Donuts, Chrysler Cheesecake and Giant USA Cupcake. Wow, I'm salivating already ! Looking at the pictures, I always think I'll never pull it off, but I've managed every single Bake Box recipe that I've tried so far, so I'm really excited about trying these ones out. I'll be back to share my efforts with you over the coming weeks so watch this space and ... start spreading the news, I'm baking today, I want to be a part of it, New York, New York ... !

Disclosure : I received a free subscription in order to write an honest review. Bake Box delivers a new package of goodies every two months and each box costs £14.99 + £2.99 postage. For more information and to see the recipes :

1 comment: