Monday, 5 December 2016

The final Bake Box for 2016 (and forever *sniff*) (review)


The latest Bake Box has arrived but it is a bit bittersweet this time around because the company have announced that they are ceasing the Bake Box scheme, so this will the last ever Bake Box they send out. Awww. I've had great fun over the past year trying out the recipes and techniques and have come up with some really beautiful creations that I never thought I'd manage to pull off.



The theme of this month's box is perfect for the time of year : Snowflakes and Stars. Oooh I detect a glittering array of festive bakes not far off !



I discovered lots of festive themed bakeware inside the box - some snowflake plunger cutters, a set of star cookie cutters, jolly Santa & snowman cutters and embossers, mini star cases and a silicone star-shaped mould.


We're all really excited about making these festive bakes and I love the fact that there are recipes to suit all levels. The kids will love helping to make and decorate the Snowflake Dreams, Gingerbread Wreath, Fun Festive Biscuits and Star Christmas Cake, but I'll need maximum concentration to pull of the show-stopping Winter Sparkle Cake (everyone out of the kitchen !) and even the Syllabub Star Cups look a bit fiddly. Bake Box always nudges me just outside of my comfort zone though, which is fabulous, because I always come away feeling more confident and acquire new baking skills.


Check out my reviews of the earlier boxes to see the Spots & StripesTeddy Bears' Picnic, Flower Power and I Love New York Bake Boxes. There was also a Springtime in Paris box that I didn't review. They are all currently available on the Bake Box website, priced at £14.99 (£17.98 including shipping). If you have a keen baker in your midst, they would make an absolutely wonderful Christmas present.

for more information : http://the-bake-box.com/

Disclosure : I received the box for free in order to write an honest review. I'll be sharing my attempts at recreating the bakes over the coming weeks.

2 comments:

  1. That's very sad, they're such a great idea, especially as gifts. I hope you have good fun with this last one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got some lovely recipes inside so I'm sure we will ! :)

      Delete