Thursday 10 June 2010

Palmolive Naturals Shower Milk - Calming Cherry Blossom



Often when I'm approached to test and review beauty products, they come from companies I've never heard of so I never know what to expect. That was certainly not the case with Palmolive though, who have been around for generations so I felt safe and secure in the knowledge that their products have withstood the test of time. I knew the products would be gentle and dermatologically tested and that it would be highly unlikely that my skin would react badly to them.

I wasn't, however, expecting to be particularly bowled over, having the idea that Palmolive products are cheap and cheerful and, although nice enough for day to day use, they wouldn't leave me feeling particularly pampered. Well, I have to admit I was wrong. Palmolive are constantly reinventing themselves and coming up with new product ranges that are actually really nice and much more luxurious than I was expecting.

The first range I tested was Palmolive Naturals. When I glanced at the bottle with a cherry on the label in the shower, I was expecting a fruity, zingy fragrance but instead, what wafted up into my nostrils was a delicate, feminine, floral scent. A second look at the label and this made perfect sense - it is enriched with cherry blossom, not cherries.

The blurb on the back of the bottle says, "Palmolive Shower Milk Calming is enriched with moisturising milk and extract of cherry blossom. Its rich, velvety formula gives your skin a calming sensation and leaves it feeling soft and smooth. Dermatologically Tested." I totally agree that it left my skin feeling soft and moisturised. As it's a shower milk and not a shower gel, you won't get loads of bubbles but you will get delicately perfumed, moisturised skin. I particularly noticed this on my arms and legs, which have a tendency to dry skin - after my shower, the skin was smooth and I didn't feel the need to reach for the body moisturiser, as I usually do.

The delicate, floral fragrance is perfect for a wind-down shower after work - it's calming for your skin but also for your mind !

star rating : 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...