Tuesday 26 November 2019

The Protein Ball Co. Advent Calendar review


In just a week's time, we'll be turning over the final page of the calendar and welcoming in December. That means it's the beginning of advent calendar season too - woohoo ! After years and years of me buying chocolate advent calendars for the kids, this year they all clubbed together for my birthday last month and got me a special bath and body advent calendar - awww ! As if that wasn't enough, the postie dropped off a package a couple of weeks later containing this fabulous-looking advent calendar from The Protein Ball Co. Pro-ho-ho-ho-tein indeed !


I've heard of protein balls but I wasn't too sure what they would look and taste like, so I went to investigate. That's not actually as naughty as it sounds because this advent calendar has traditional doors that can be opened but it also has a lift off lid like a chocolate box lid, which is great news, not only because it means I can have a sneaky peek inside but also because I'll be able to reuse it in coming years. 


The mini protein balls on the inside come in several flavours - Goji & Coconut, Lemon & Pistachio, Raspberry Brownie, Peanut Butter, Apple & Blueberry and the ultimate festive treat, Christmas. The ingredients information on the back of the box shows that they are a mixture of dates, cashews, tapioca fibre and various other healthy and natural ingredients, including goji berries, grape juice concentrate, pea protein, brown rice protein, ... Not a hidden nasty in sight.


Each mini protein ball only contains 28 calories and 1.2g of fat (with just 0.3g saturates), 2.7g of carbohydrates (of which 2.3g are sugars, including naturally occurring sugars from the fruit), 1g of fibre, 1.3g of protein and 0g of salt. 

Well, despite my good intentions, the kids convinced me to sneak some out and share them with them and I was amazed to see how much they loved all of them. There was me thinking they'd be far too healthy to appeal to the kids but nope, they loved them !

The advent calendar is available from The Protein Ball Co. for £19.99, but don't hang about - this is  a limited edition product so when stocks run out, it'll be too late !


Disclosure : We received the product in order to write an honest review.

2 comments:

  1. A tasty and healthy alternative to chocolate. I think all mums deserve an advent calendar.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...