Sunday 5 September 2021

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 37


We went back to school at the end of last week and, while Pierre and Juliette are both a bit underwhelmed at the moment, I'm actually quite pleased with my timetable this year. I have Wednesday off and Friday afternoon off so I will be a lady of leisure ! Well, hopefully it'll all be a bit less manic than the last couple of years anyway ! Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, I'll be at the school canteen so the kids will be fending for themselves. I'll make a rough plan but it's up to them what they eat. (I can see Sophie taking over on cooking when I'm not there.)

Monday

lunch- canteen for me - leftover roast chicken & potatoes for those at home

dinner - meatballs and pasta (with onions, red pepper, mushrooms)

Tuesday

lunch- canteen for me, the kids can sort themselves out (leftovers or sandwiches probably)

dinner- baked potatoes with chorizo and bean stew

Wednesday

lunch- Portuguese-style pork bifana sandwiches with wedges and coleslaw

dinner- Provençal chicken (minus the aubergine as I don't like them !) with rice

Thursday

lunchcanteen for me - leftovers for the kids

dinner- spaghetti bolognese

Friday

lunch- beefburgers and couscous (with leftover coleslaw, if there is any)

dinner Baked Southern-style chicken with rice and coleslaw

Saturday

lunch- maybe a trip to McDonald's - if not, pasta carbonara

dinner- pizza

Sunday 

lunch- chicken & veg stew with gratin dauphinois (potato bake)

dinner- cheese on toast

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like the return to school has gone really well. Great meal plan. I like the sound of the Provençal chicken, I would be skipping the aubergine too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's lovely that you're going to have some time for yourself!

    Your meals sound lovely, as always. Thanks for linking up and I hope you're keeping well! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news, that you'll have more time for yourself! I haven't heard of bifana sandwiches, they sound tasty. And I must try that recipe for Southern-style chicken, as I'm trying to convince my younger child to eat more varied food. A bit fed up of cooking the same requested meals for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly the same here and I've got bored of the same old recipes ! It's actually working out really well so far :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...