Sunday 6 August 2023

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 31

The kids are off visiting the grandparents in Brittany so I'm all on my own this week. That actually makes it harder to cook and shop as most things come in packs of two or four portions so it's hard to plan ahead to avoid waste. For most things, I think I'll cook double portions then use up the leftovers the next day. I've also decided to go through the cupboards and use up various random things that have been lurking in there for a while (mainly things from past Degustaboxes that don't appeal to the kids). Time to google ingredients and see what recipes I can come up with !

Monday

lunch- garlic crusted steak & baked potato with grated carrot salad

dinner - cheesy baked ham-wrapped endives

Tuesday

lunch- chicken spring rolls

dinner- onion gravy smothered steak with rice & carrots

Wednesday

lunch- tuna mayo-stuffed endive boats with salad and maybe garlic bread

dinnercheesy polenta with sausage ragout (not keen on polenta but there's a box that needs using up in the cupboard)

Thursday

lunch- probably leftovers to use up, if not cheese on toast

dinner- Korean BBQ pork (with pork, onions, red pepper, courgette and the end of a bottle of sauce) with rice

Friday


dinner - Hoisin sauce chicken & veg stir fry with noodles

Saturday


dinner- big mixed salad with apple, bacon, sweetcorn, tomatoes, onions

Sunday

lunch- roast potatoes, roasted veg (peppers, carrots, onions, mushrooms, courgette) and pork chop

dinner- cheese & ham omelette

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

2 comments:

  1. Ohh! Enjoy your week home alone, I imagine it would be harder to cook for one than the full family. It sounds like you have some great meals planned. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean by Degustabox bits and bobs, I have quite a selection of their jars and spice pouches that I am yet to try, or finish. Hope you don't feel lonely without your kids.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...