Sunday 11 July 2021

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 29


We've made it to the holidays - woohoo ! It's been raining for several days so far, but at least that's got me inspired to start dealing with jobs around the house and having a good tidy up ! Sophie is off to the Netherlands this week, having a little trip to see a friend. I'm currently sat on the settee with a couple of cookery books, planning some summery recipes that we'd like to try. (Well, that I'd like to try anyway, and as I'm cooking, I get to choose - tee hee hee !) Fingers crossed the sun puts in an appearance next week !

Monday

lunch- chicken & veg stir fry (I have a lovely-looking recipe for a veggie stir fry but the kids will probably turn their noses up at that - I'll do two separate dishes I think, one with all the veggies and the other a straight chicken stir fry with just a few bits of veg in it (carrots, red pepper, mushrooms) then they can dig into mine if they want to

dinner - macaroni cheese (for Pierre) / cauliflower cheese (for me and Juliette) - that should keep everyone happy and I can use the same sauce for both

Tuesday

lunch- leftovers

dinner- lamb & apricot tagine with couscous

Wednesday

lunch- baked ham with pasta (or leftovers)

dinner- chicken pasanda (a new curry I've never tried before - looks simple enough and not too hot so the kids should like it) with rice

Thursday

lunch - Ham, leek & red pepper tarts (that use roast ham as a base rather than pastry) with rice & salad

dinner- fish pie (haddock, prawns, salmon & cod inside - potato & butternut squash mash on top)

Friday

lunch- leftovers

dinner - chicken goulash with mash or rice

Saturday

lunch- baked potatoes (with bacon, cheese, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes mixed in to the potato flesh then rebaked)

dinner- homemade veggie soup

Sunday 

lunch- Potato, onion and crispy bacon hotpot with a side salad

dinner- Spiced summer veg supper for me (onion, garlic, red pepper, courgette, tomatoes, mixed beans, mushrooms, baby spinach, cucumber, all mixed with natural yogurt and herbs and spices - sounds lovely and perfect for the summer) - the kids may want to try or they can have chicken nuggets and pasta instead (or there ay be leftovers lurking in the fridge)

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for the school holidays! We still have 9 more school days to go. Ugh!
    Your meals sound so good. I love the sound of the lamb and apricot tagine and the chicken pasanda. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar problem with Daisy and stir fries... TOO MANY VEGGIES for her!!

    Hope you have a great week and enjoy the holidays together xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...