Monday 15 August 2022

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 33


The last menu plan I posted was on 3rd July (week 27). Since then we've had a fortnight on holiday in the Dominican Republic, a few days back at home then a fortnight visiting the family in Hastings. That leads us into week 33 - blimey, five weeks of no cooking ! I need to go shopping but I think I'll try to clear out stuff from the freezer this week. I have no idea what is in there but I'm sure most of the meat will be in there and my cupboards are full of seasoning sachets and odds and ends from recent Degustaboxes. I do need to get on with my decorating (stripping the wallpaper then repainting the walls on the stairs and on the landings) so I may end up opting for the odd takeaway if we're too tired though !

Monday

lunch- spaghetti bolognese

dinner - steak & ale pie and rice (and a bag of frozen veg if there's one in the freezer)

Tuesday

lunch- chicken stir-fry (with baby sweetcorn, mangetout, beansprouts, onions (red peppers and carrots if I've headed to the shops), noodles and sweet soy sauce)

dinner- gammon with roast potatoes & carrots and lashings of gravy !

Wednesday

lunch- chicken korma & rice

dinner- the girls will be trying homemade sushi (look out for an upcoming review), there should be leftovers for me and Pierre

Thursday

lunch - barbecue chicken salad (or there should be leftover rice for anyone who prefers that to salad)

dinner- baked potatoes with tuna/mayo, cheese or leftover barbecue chicken

Friday

lunch- burgers, mash & coleslaw

dinner - soy & chilli chicken with peppers and peanuts with rice or noodles

Saturday

lunch- tacos (even if it isn't Tuesday !) or fajitas

dinner- lasagne

Sunday 

lunch- beef or pork (depending on what is in the freezer) casserole with pasta

dinner- toast or fridge-raiding for leftovers (or I've no doubt the kids will try to convince me to go for a takeaway on Deliveroo !)

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have had a lovely few weeks. A takeaway sounds like a good idea when you are busy decorating.
    Your meals sound so tasty! Good luck with the sushi making! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...