Sunday 7 July 2024

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 28


We have made it to the holidays and I'm really looking forward to chilling out and not having to rush about getting to work every day. We've got a few weeks until we go on holiday (to Iceland this year, which will definitely be different) and I have nothing planned until then so I am looking forward to having a big dejunk in the house. I seem to have a million cardboard boxes to get rid of, which is the first job, then a big declutter in the bathroom and my bedroom. I traditionally have a good look through the kitchen cupboards too and search out all the seasoning sachets and random ingredients that need using up. It would be good to have a clear out in the freezer too. Here's our menu plan for the week. I'm using the book What's For Dinner? by Romilla Arber this week again. We enjoyed last week's menu but didn't make it all as there were more leftovers than I expected. A few meals are therefore reposted.

Monday

lunch-  meat & potato pie with runner beans (p438)

dinner - chicken fricassée with buttered rice and diced courgettes (p326)

Tuesday

lunch- Grilled pork chops à la charcutière with sautéed potatoes (p388)

dinner- Bistro salad (with sausages, new potatoes, cornichons and lettuce) (p369)

Wednesday

lunch- Grilled marinated chicken with orange avocado salad and baked potatoes (p443)

dinner- leftovers

Thursday

lunch- Gratin of potatoes, ham, onions and eggs with salad (p450)

dinner- bacon sandwiches

Friday

lunch- Toad in the hole and corn on the cob (p488)

dinner - chicken chasseur + cabbage + baked potatoes (p490)

Saturday

lunch- leftovers

dinner- Minced beef stew with rice (p508)

Sunday

lunch- Chicken schnitzel and tomato spaghetti (p510)

dinner - Chicken fajitas + pinto beans in tomato sauce + guacamole (p513)

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...