Tuesday 3 November 2009

Nair Exfoliating Hair Removal Cream



Being a yummy-mummy is great if you can manage it, but for the first few months after having a baby, you're more likely to be a slummy-mummy because you just don't have time for long pamper sessions in the bathroom any more. During all of my pregnancies, my leg hair-regrowth slowed right down (I googled it, it's common apparently - there's even an old wives' tale saying that it can tell you the sex of your unborn baby !!) and I'm sure that's Mother Nature's way of giving a helping hand to new mums who won't have a snowball's chance in hell of spending more than 30 seconds in the bathroom before being needed for boob or bum-duties !

Well, this new Nair Exfoliating Hair Removal Cream is brilliant. Not only is it a 3-in-1 product, exfoliating, moisturising and removing hair at the same time when you wash it off in the shower, but it also means you can multi-task with baby - slap the cream all over your legs, then you've got 5-10 minutes before you need to wash it off, which is just about the right amount of time to change a nappy, sing a lullaby, make cootchy-coo noises and pop baby back in his baby-chair !

You end up with lovely smooth legs in double-quick time. Which is a really good thing when you haven't got time for beauty disasters ! OK, I'll explain ... I haven't used it very often but I have a "touch of summer" tinted body lotion, like moisturiser with a bit of added fake-tan (see ? it's those multi-tasking beauty products again, I can't get enough of them !). Well, it worked fine on my legs, giving them a natural golden honey glow, but on my heels, knees and the skin around my toes, the skin went bright orange ! Not a good look !! I assume it's because the skin was too rough and dry in those areas, so the exfoliating hair remover cream would be a great product to use just beforehand.

I can remember my mum using the old-generation hair removal creams and they used to absolutely pong of something like sulphur ! I had a very tentative sniff when this tube arrived for testing but I have to say, it actually smells quite nice.

It says on the tube that you will have smooth hair-free legs for up to seven days (I actually hate it when they put "up to" because that could mean that you'll only have hair-free legs for 5 minutes ! They might as well say "hair-free legs for up to a thousand years" !! But hopefully it will be nearer the 7 day mark than 5 minutes !)

It's a great time-saving and money-saving product, as you won't have to buy a separate body buffer or moisturiser for your legs. And you might actually find the time to have smooth legs again before baby's first birthday - with no orange knees, toes and heels !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP: £4.99-£5.90 depending on retailer.

Available from all major supermarkets and high street chemists.


1 comment:

  1. I like hair removal cream, they are so easy and painless to use! I<m glad this one smells nice, as they sually stink!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...