Tuesday 3 November 2009

Tundra Fire Extinguishing Spray - fire extinguisher in a can !




Yayy it's my 100th review post ! So I'm really pleased to be able to spread the word about a fabulous-sounding new home safety product that could help save lives. I have to tell you that I haven't been able to test this product - they can't send samples to test due to safety reasons - but I've read the press release and researched it on their website and the idea sounds brilliant.


It's basically a fire extinguisher in a can, small enough to fit in a drawer in the kitchen (it's the same size as a standard kitchen cleaner), so that it's at hand when you might need it in an emergency. Fires can get out of control so quickly and even if you know what you're supposed to do - don't put water on a chip fire, use a teatowel (see, now I'm wondering if it's supposed to be a soaking wet teatowel or a dry teatowel and I thought I knew the drill !) - it's easy to panic and lose vital seconds.


Unlike the big red fire extinguishers you see in schools and public places, there are no complicated instructions or pins to pull out - it's just an aerosol can like a deodorant (but whatever you do, don't mix them up !). Point and spray and that's it ! You can use it on pretty much any home fire - obviously we're talking small fires, if your whole flat is on fire, call the fire brigade and get out, don't try squirting this stuff on it !!

The press release says, "Tundra contains a liquid firefighting agent for use on common household fires including paper, fabric, wood, cooking oil and electrical fires. The specially formulated agent is biodegradable, non-toxic and clean-up is easy: simply wipe the surface area with a damp cloth after use - no mess, no fuss!"


Hopefully, none of us will ever need it. But in the same way as smoke detectors are now pretty much standard equipment in most homes, I really think this would be a great product to store in the kitchen in case of emergencies.


RRP : £12.99


available from Amazon, Asda, Focus, Maplin Electronics, Robert Dyas and The Range

1 comment:

  1. I think its a damp teatowel for chip fat fires, you have me doubting myself now :)

    Excellent review - what a brilliant product!! Wonder why no-body thought of this before??

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...