Friday 7 May 2010

Ecover's concentrated laundry liquids



As a mum of three, I get through about a million loads of washing a week (that's what it feels like anyway !) but I have a guilty secret to share - I still don't know the difference between Bio and Non-Bio laundry detergent ! (I also never know whether I'm supposed to put the detergent in the left or right hand side of the drawer but it all seems to come out clean wherever I put it, so I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference !)

Well, Ecover kindly sent me a bottle of each of their new concentrated laundry liquids (bio and non-bio) to test so I didn't have to reveal my ignorance (which I have now anyway !). I've used both of them and I still can't work out what the difference is - they both got all my loads of washing clean (even the orange baby-food covered bibs) and nobody, not even baby Pierre or sensitive-skinned Sophie, had any allergic reactions to either of them.

The new detergent is being promoted as "the first truly ecological concentrated laundry liquid", which is a lot to live up to. Ecover explain, "The formulas for these long-awaited products were put under the microscope by the Ecover scientists and after months of development Ecover has produced what they believe to be the most efficient and ecological concentrate on the market. Everyone knows the environmental benefits conventional concentrated laundry products provide e.g. reduced packaging, reduced CO2 emissions in transport and less water used during the production process. But, the biggest impact cleaning products have on the environment is what happens after they are used. So Ecover have worked hard to create concentrated Laundry Liquids which have much less impact after you’ve used them. Additional environmental benefits of Ecover’s new concentrates include: No optical brighteners ; Minimum aquatic toxicity; Fast and complete biodegradability ; No phosphates. What’s more, as Ecover use sustainable plant-based and mineral ingredients, you don’t have to worry about leaving behind residues of nasty (and unnecessary) chemicals on your clothes - or your skin - when you do your laundry either."

That all sounds very impressive but to be honest, coming from a company as highly-reputed as Ecover, I wouldn't expect anything less. Efficiency wise, I was impressed though - in a blind test, I never would have guessed that they were eco-friendly products because they work just as well as the less green competitors. They both smell really nice too, the Bio one having a 'Under the Sun’ fragrance and the Non-Bio smelling of lavender. Top marks on all counts.

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £5.69 (500ml)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...