Monday 9 October 2017

Have your cake and drink it ! (Twinings Green Tea)


A couple of weeks ago, the postman dropped off this exciting mystery parcel. I instantly noticed the funky lemon-themed wrapping paper but had no idea what was inside.


Then I spotted a little card peeking out with a riddle on it : "I'm a cake but you won't find me in a bakery. I enjoy tropical climes but can also be found in the UK. I can be found in the alphabet but am also a drink. What am I?" Hmmmm a cake of soap? A rice cake? The second clue must surely be the lemons on the wrapping paper. In the alphabet and a drink? That surely has to be tea? 


Things got even nuttier underneath - coconutty that is, with coconut-themed wrapping paper and another clue. "My leaves are green but you won't find me on a flower. I like to dive in the water but only for two minutes. Some have me as milk but I'm not from a cow. What am I?" This left us even more confused so we peeled off the final layer to reveal the surprise ... 


Twinings newest tea releases - indulgent green teas with a twist, featuring the flavours of some of the nation's favourite sweet treats. New Chocolate Coconut and Lemon Drizzle join other popular flavours in the range, including Ginger Bread, Salted Caramel, Cherry Bakewell, Caramelised Apple and Fudge Melts. Let's face it - you're not going to get a real flavour of cake or chocolate in a cup of green tea, but if you want a hint of naughtiness minus the calories, they're definitely worth a try.

RRP : £2.69 for 20 envelopes

Disclosure : We received the products in order to write an honest review.

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate coconut tea sounds amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seen these in Asda last week. I am so tempted to try the lemon drizzle cake one x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...