Monday 14 October 2019

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 2019 week #42


Week 42 ? How did that happen?! That means that we're into the single figures for the number of weeks left before Christmas - agggghhh ! I need to start getting organised ! Ah well, one thing at a time, starting with what's on the menu this week. It's the last week before our autumn half term - phew ! Temperatures are dropping which means I want some lovely warming things like casseroles on the menu - I still need to sort out my slow cooker. Maybe I'll find some time this afternoon.

Monday 

dinner - pasta with sausages and a tomato-based sauce - I'll add in some onions, mushrooms, peppers and spices

Tuesday 

dinner - we didn't have tartiflette on Sunday as planned as we opted for chicken paupiettes (chicken breasts stuffed with sausage meat) instead - so today sounds like a great day for tartiflette - baked potato wedges, onions, bacon and stinky reblochon cheese, all baked in the oven to perfection

Wednesday 

lunch - spaghetti carbonara

dinner -  I fancy some fish - don't know what as it'll depend what I can grab when I go shopping. If it's oven-baked battered fillet type things, I'll probably be nice to the kids and opt for chips (or oven-baked wedges, to be precise - frozen ones from the supermarket, I'm not that organised !) and peas

Thursday 

dinner - Moroccan-style sausage & chickpea casserole with couscous

Friday  

lunch - I've been called in to work on overtime so the kids will be fending for themselves - there should be some leftovers in the fridge hopefully

dinner - right, time to use the slow cooker ! Chicken casserole (with chicken thighs and lots of root veggies) with rice

Saturday

lunch - McDonald's or similar

dinner - leftovers or maybe pizza

Sunday

lunch - there may well be loads of leftovers to use up (I'm thinking leftover chicken casserole) but if not, chicken breasts with roast potatoes & veg should hit the spot nicely

dinner - bacon sandwiches - I haven't had one for ages and they suddenly popped into my head last week, hmmmm !


***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that it's nearly half term. We need the rest.
    Those chicken breasts stuffed with sausage meat sound so good.
    Great meal plan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great sounding meal plan and the morocan style sausages soundsreally interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I bet those chicken paupiettes were delicious! Thanks for linking up and have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love a roll and bacon. Lots of nice ideas here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...