Sunday 3 October 2021

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 41


From one day to the next, we've gone from summer weather (going to work in a T-shirt and denim jacket) to winter weather (T-shirt, hoodie and big winter jacket). It's currently blowing a gale outside, it's been raining non stop all day and the heating has just come on for the first time since the summer. It's my fault - I got the slow cooker out last week and we enjoyed tasty, comforting stews ! Oh well, more winter food on the way then, I guess !

Monday

lunch- canteen for me (leftovers for the kids)

dinner - leftover roast chicken, potatoes & veg in gravy (or possibly soup, if everyone prefers that - made with the same ingredients, either way !)

Tuesday

lunch- canteen for me

dinner- pork chops in a cream sauce, rice & veg

Wednesday

lunch- chicken burgers with ebly  & ratatouille

dinner- pork curry & rice

Thursday

lunch - meeting up with friends

dinner- chicken tacos

Friday

lunch- leftovers once I get home from school

dinner - baked ham with mac & cheese

Saturday

lunch- McDonald's or equivalent

dinner- pasta and hot dog sausages (Juliette asked me to recreate a meal I once made when they were little - chop hot dog sausages into chunks and push lengths of spaghetti right through, leaving long threads sticking out of each end, then cook for 5-10 minutes (depending on the pasta). It'll need some sauce to liven it up !

Sunday 

lunch- roast dinner

dinner- bacon sandwiches

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

6 comments:

  1. It's definitely colder now. I was looking at the photos from the week before, and we were in summer clothes, while in the last week it's all raincoats and even scarves. Juliette's idea of hot dogs and spaghetti sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has changed so fast. All the leaves have started dropping out of the trees too. There's no doubting it's autumn now !

      Delete
  2. The weather turned SO fast this year didn't it!

    Love meal plan, as always, hope you're keeping well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had a lot of mixed weather too. It's warm and bright today but on Saturday it was freezing and chucked it down all day.
    I love the sound of your leftover roast chicken today and the baked ham with mac & cheese. My two used to love the pasta and hot dogs dish. I think I will have to add it to our meal plan soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny the things the kids remember as fantastic food when I wrote it off as just passable ! lol

      Delete
  4. Sound a lovely week, its my fault too i have a slow cooker meal. baked ham and mac and cheese sounds amazing idea. think my kids would adore that

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...