Monday 1 October 2018

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 2018 week #40



Well ... I'll whisper so they don't hear ... the kids' colds seem to have gone - yay ! Which means I can start using some new recipes as the kids have reverted to their usual sense of being constantly starving. Until I put veggies on the table, that is ! Ah well, some you win, some you lose !

Monday 

dinner - prawn chow mein (for me and Juliette), Pierre and Juliette can have leftovers chow mein ! (I think there will be some beef in the fridge that will do, if Juliette didn't eat it all at lunchtime !)
 
Tuesday 

dinner - Lancashire hotpot - possibly made with pork or chicken instead of the usual lamb, but that will depend on whether I found any at Lidl at the weekend

Wednesday 

lunch -leftovers

dinner -Kahlua pork with rice & veggies

Thursday 

dinner - tortillas, with either a chicken or minced beef filling, I haven't decided which yet !

Friday  

 dinner - duck breast with sauteed potatoes, spinach & plum compote - the kids can have sausages instead of duck and I'm sure they'll still pinch the plum compote. Probably not the spinach though !

Saturday

lunch - kids' choice of restaurant/fast food

dinner - leftovers/snack food (quiche, salads, bread, dips, crisps, fruit, yogurts, etc)

Sunday

lunch -  roast chicken with all the trimmings

dinner - chorizo & cheese strudel

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

8 comments:

  1. I love dipping into your weekly meal plans and they are always a useful reminder for me to try harder to plan ahead. As always, it's good to see a leftovers meal. Why doesn't every family do this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite complicated the first few times, but you do get used to it - I love it now :)

      Delete
  2. Hooray for getting rid of the colds. We are full of them here. Ugh.
    All of your meals sound so good especially the Lancashire hotpot. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely time to bring out the slow cooker - brrrr !

      Delete
  3. Duck sounds nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've got a delicious week ahead - I love the sound of Kahlua pork so I'm off to investigate that now!

    Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh duck its been so long since we have had that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found one duck breast in the back of the freezer - that'll do for me then ! ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...