Wednesday 20 March 2019

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 2019 week #12


As predicted, last week was a killer, but we made it ! This week and next have lots of after-school meetings, but the main bulk of the work is already done, so we're getting there - phew ! I'll need lots of easy meals for late nights home though, when the kids are already starving when I get home from work. 

Well, we're now Wednesday and I've just realised this post didn't go live on Monday morning. After school on Monday, I had a meeting that started at 4.30pm. It's the end of term meetings to fill in the reports together and usually lasts an hour. This one went on until 8.30pm ! Then all night, Pierre was being sick so I had to take a day off work to look after him. This week can only get better !

Monday 

dinner - chicken gyros (spiced chicken breast), already seasoned and chopped so it's nice and quick to cook ! ... served with rice and sweetcorn

Tuesday 

dinner - spaghetti carbonara (with extra leeks in the cream & bacon sauce - nobody will even notice !)

Wednesday 

lunch - sausage bake with mash and beans

dinner - chicken and/or prawn stir-fry with noodles and loads of veg

Thursday 

dinner - something with a pack of mince but not sure what yet ... could be chilli, spag bol or shepherd's pie (they all start out the same anyway !)

Friday  

 dinner - chicken & veg curry & rice ... it'll have to be something like a korma for the kids not to turn up their noses though

Saturday

lunch - McDonald's, I'm guessing ... although Sophie is off out with her friends so this might change

dinner - sandwiches/fridge clearout

Sunday

lunch - roast chicken, roast spuds & veg

dinner - sandwiches or leftovers

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan love a carbonara and leeks are yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of the Chicken Gyros!

    Thanks for linking up and sorry I'm late commenting this week! It was Daisy's Birthday and I've had a manic week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...