Monday 29 April 2019

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 2019 week #18


Imagine a week of cooking without water - no spaghetti, rice, boiled potatoes or vegetables ... Well, that was the situation on Friday and over the weekend, after an accident ruptured the central water mains (the whole town and surrounding area is concerned so we've been grabbing bottled water from the shops and/or picking up the free water bottles from the council) so the menu plan was abandoned and I did what I could. Results of the possible bacteria problems should be back on Monday (I'm writing this on Sunday) so fingers crossed it'll all be over then. I'll therefore be switching some things around with last week's menu, when I couldn't make them. I'll try to come up with some "water-free" dishes for the first few days, to be on the safe side too.

Monday 

dinner - hash browns, burgers and beans

Tuesday 

dinner - baked potatoes, pork chops and ratatouille

Wednesday 

lunch - fajitas

dinner - smoked sausage casserole (with beans, red/green peppers, onions) with pasta

Thursday 

dinner - chilli con carne & rice

Friday  

 dinner - probably loads of leftovers to use up by now

Saturday

lunch - McDonald's or similar

dinner - sandwiches or fridge clearout

Sunday

lunch - roast chicken, roast spuds & veg

dinner - sandwiches or leftovers

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! I couldn't imagine cooking without water some days. I've just cooked a roast dinner and have used so much for boiling the veg. I hope it's fixed soon.
    Great meal plan. I love the sound of the smoked sausage casserole x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got clean water back again - woohoo ! :) So the kids requested pasta tonight - they've obviously been missing it ! lol

      Delete
  2. how annoying about the water i bet you do not think about it till its not there for a few days. Your week sounds lovely and I do love chilli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though it was a bit of a nightmare this eaml sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...