Monday 24 June 2019

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 2019 week #26


This week, I'm at work and Pierre is at school but both the girls are off now. Sophie finished her exams on Friday - phew ! Fingers crossed she'll be happy when she gets her results on the 5th July. And Juliette's stopped going in now too, but one of them will have to shift their backsides out of bed to drop Pierre off at school (although he's not well at the moment so I can see him taking a day off tomorrow, even if his class are going on a trip). Even I will finish earlier tomorrow, as the older kids are on revision - sounds good to me ! I'm having a clearout in the kitchen cupboard this week, using up sauces and odds and ends. It's supposed to be really hot so I can us switching to salads on some days !

Monday 

dinner - there are lots of leftover roast potatoes, some carrots and some roast chicken - I'll heat it all up with some gravy, and I may even add some pastry on top, depending on how much there is. In fact, I have some curry sauce jars lurking in the cupboard, so I think I might use one of those, for whoever is feeling brave (probably just me !).

Tuesday 

dinner - chipolatas with mash & veg and a sachet of Mexican spicy tomato sauce

Wednesday 

lunch - steak in peppercorn sauce with boiled potatoes & veggies

dinner - pork chops in BBQ sauce with ebly & sweetcorn

Thursday 

dinner - strips of chicken breast & cherry tomatoes with pasta (& pesto for those who want it)

Friday  

 dinner - chicken casserole (with carrots, onions, mushrooms) with mash

Saturday

lunch - McDonald's or similar

dinner - sandwiches, salad or fridge clearout

Sunday

lunch - honey BBQ pork chops & rice with salad

dinner - sandwiches, salads or leftovers

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

6 comments:

  1. The heat makes for a real problem in our home. I don't like lettuce (bleurgh!) and salads are not my favourite food, but also it gets SO hot that I just don't feel like cooking anything in the end.

    Sounds like you've got some great meals planned and I hope the week is a good one for you. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope Pierre is geeling better soon.
    All of your meals sound so good. I love the sound of Thursday's dinner. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Pierre was well enough to go on his school trip. I really fancy chicken casserole now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He missed Monday's trip but he went to the skating rink with his class today so he was still happy :)

      Delete
  4. Loving the idea of the fridge clearout so I hope you've used up lots. I had pasta with pesto at a friend's house on Sunday and it was yum. So simple, yet I was having it for the first time.
    Have a fab week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. honey bbq pork chops sounds amazing. i must do a cupboard clear out too xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...