Thursday 31 October 2019

Send a smile with Creased Cards ! (review)


This week I celebrated my birthday in style ! We travelled to see my family and catch up with Sophie, which was lovely, and I spent a good couple of hours going through dozens of facebook messages, all wishing me a happy day and asking how we're all doing. I only received three actual cards though, which is a sign of the times ! Those cards are proudly out on show on the shelf and make me smile every time I walk past them. I don't know why but they seem extra special, knowing that the senders took some time out of their day to sit down and write out a very silly personal message for me on my special day. 

With perfect timing, as I was thinking about birthdays, Creased Cards got in touch with me. They told me about their first retail store, based in the world famous Lanes in Brighton (which, they hope, will be the first of several), and also their online e-commerce store, which allows you to buy their locally created gifts and greeting cards from all over the country. They sent me through a selection of their cards and I have to admit, they did make me smile.


The first card that I pulled out would be a great fit for pretty much any of my female friends, who all seem to be huge fans of gin. The vibrant, sunny yellow background has the quotation printed out in silver letters, which stand out really well and add a touch of class : "A banana has 108 calories. A gin & tonic has 91 calories. Enough said." Definitely just the kind of thing I want to hear before heading out for a birthday celebration !


The second card appeals to my love of all things retro and vintage. It features the kind of illustration that would pop up in my much-loved childhood Ladybird books, with a mum and daughter sharing some time together in the kitchen, maybe making a cake or a pie for dinner. The mum, in this scene of domestic perfection and bliss, asks her daughter if she's a good mum. Unfortunately, she got the name wrong ! Maybe she's a step mum. Or just a useless one - who knows ?!


Depending on who you're buying for, you might be looking for a card that features a cheeky sense of humour and the final option ticked all those boxes, with its cheeky illustration of monks playing charades ! Hmmm, which body part could this be referring to ?!


Each of the cards is blank inside, giving you free rein to write your own message. They all come with a plain white envelope and cost around £2.85 each. Send one to your favourite person today and make them smile !

for more information : https://www.creasedcards.com/

Disclosure : We received the product in order to give our honest review.

2 comments:

  1. Belated wishes for a happy birthday, Cheryl.
    Thanks for the review on Creased Cards. Great branding as it's a memorable choice. I love the banana v gin card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...