Friday 7 February 2020

OGGS Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes review


When we were given the chance to review some cakes from OGGS, I have to admit, we'd never heard of the brand before. However, I noticed that they were (amongst other things) a dairy-free option and, as Sophie is intolerant to milk, I thought she might like to try them out. Well, I think it's safe to say, they will be making a regular appearance in our shopping trolley because she absolutely LOVED them !


We received a couple of twin packs of Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes to put through their paces. They are a vegan option, being completely egg and dairy free. Instead, they use Aquafaba, an all-plant liquid egg substitute made from chickpea water. I'd heard about this on social media many times before but I was dubious and really not all that keen to try it. Could it really work ?! Well, the answer is a resounding yes ! The OGGS team have dedicated themselves to creating plant-based alternatives to everyday foods, which taste as delicious as you've always known them, without any compromise. All I can say is, they've done a fabulous job.






Now, you may have noticed that I used official stock photos from the brand for this blogpost - this is why. They don't cope with being delivered by post very well ! As you'll be picking yours up from a supermarket, this won't be a problem though.



As you can see, the frosting is wonderfully gooey and "creamy" - erm, what's the vegan-friendly alternative to creamy ?! They have a rich, chocolatey flavour and the only problem Sophie had was stopping at one !

If you need yet another reason to love this brand, the packaging is 100% recycled plastic, fully recyclable, and even if it ends up in landfill, it is completely biodegradable. Why can't more brands - foodie brands in particular - be like this ?!

Each cake provides 292 calories, 17.3g of fat (of which 4.3g saturates), 31.2g of carbs (of which 18.2g sugars), 0.8g of fibre, 3.4g of protein and 0.54g of salt. The Chocolate Fudge Cakes are available in Sainsbury's local stores, priced from £2.50 for a 2 pack.

for more info : www.loveoggs.com @loveoggs
Disclosure : We received some samples in order to share our honest review.

10 comments:

  1. I was wondering why you use the stock photos, lol, then I had my answer once I scrolled down. I have seen them in Sainsbury's, but haven't tried, as we eat dairy without problems. But that sounds like a tasty option for vegans or people with a dairy intolerance. Glad Sophie enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I almost avoided using my own photos completely, but I thought it helped make it all look more realistic ! :-/

      Delete
  2. Yum they look good even if they are a bit bashed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look much better straight from the shops - sending them by post is not the best idea ! lol

      Delete
  3. I'm lactose intolerant and so is my granddaughter, so we will have to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious …. might be the first time I lick the packaging clean …. shame to waste the frosting

    ReplyDelete
  5. He he love the real photos! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I wasn't sure whether to use them or not, but at least it shows I'm honest !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...