Monday 22 June 2020

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 26


This week is a weird week for meal planning because (in theory) Sophie will be back home and will undoubtedly have a list of things she wants to eat that she hasn't eaten all year. But I've done the shopping already so she'll have to make do with catching up at lunchtimes ! Pierre's back to full time school and I've got meetings on my two days off so it'll be a busy week. Last week, we stuck pretty much to plan, except for the kids convincing me to take them to McDonald's and also grabbing a kebab ! I'll let them off though, as we haven't had any takeaways/fast food since before lockdown. The things we didn't eat just use store cupboard basics (omelette, pasta & sauce) so that's not a problem. They'll come in another time.

Monday

dinner - Sophie should be arriving around 7pm so by the time she's home and settled in, we'll need something quick. I'll keep pasta carbonara as option A, unless she drags us to a pizza restaurant near the station for option B !

Tuesday

dinner- ribs (and chipolatas, as there may not be enough - the kids can eat the rest for lunches) with rice & coleslaw

Wednesday

lunch- garlic & pepper chicken with creamy potato bake & veg

dinner- steak with rice (or leftover creamy potato bake) & salad

Thursday

dinner- chicken burger, coleslaw & twisty chips 

Friday

dinner - spicy chicken with Ebly & salad

Saturday

lunch- hmmm what's the odds on the kids begging to go to McDonald's again ?!

dinner- something from Lidl - pepperoni pizza maybe?

Sunday 

lunch- in theory, I'll have taken Sophie with me to Lidl yesterday, so she can choose

dinner- baked potatoes with tuna/mayo/sweetcorn

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

8 comments:

  1. I bet it will be nice to have Sophie home. I would go with option B, a welcome home dinner at a pizza restaurant sounds good.
    Great meal plan. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's on her final train home - phew ! I'm not actually sure what the situation is, in terms of confinement. Even talking at work today, nobody seems to know if she should be in confinement for 14 days or not !

      Delete
  2. Ooh that first McDonalds is pretty nice isn't it! We have had a kebab in the last week too, tried somewhere new and it was absolutely lovely! I hope you're having a good week so far & thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty good, mainly in terms of what it stood for (life getting back to normal) more than the taste ! And now Sophie is home and wants to go and get one !

      Delete
  3. Hope Monday went well and your week sounds great. Hope lidi comes up with some good meals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monday went well and Sophie made it home - woohoo ! lol

      Delete
  4. Crikey, I've not heard about Ebly for years. I didn't know it was still around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's popular here in France - they might have stopped selling it in the UK though !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...