Monday 24 May 2021

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 21


Last week was a blur ! I had two afternoons off (Wednesday and Thursday) and ended up sleeping through both of them - I was absolutely exhausted. It turns out that this is a side effect of the COVID vaccine from Monday though and I'm back to normal now. The weekend was busy - we got some new chairs that needed putting together and a new bed for Juliette (the kids helped me put it together - Juliette is great at DIY apparently !), plus I did this year's tax returns. I'm pleased that today is a bank holiday so I can chill out for a bit before going back to work tomorrow ! Here's this week's plan.

Monday

lunch- Time to clear out the fridge ! I'm thinking leftover chicken, red peppers, onions and rice

dinner -sausages and leftover roast potatoes

Tuesday

lunch- I'll be at the school canteen - the kids can have the rest of the sausages with mash (or sausage sandwiches)

dinner- spaghetti bolognese (or pasta with sausages if they didn't get eaten at lunchtime)

Wednesday

lunch- fajitas

dinner- lemon & thyme turkey with couscous & veg

Thursday

lunch - sandwiches

dinner- fish & potato wedges (or leftovers for Sophie, as she doesn't like fish)

Friday

lunch- I'll be at the canteen, the kids can go fridge diving !

dinner -  paprika turkey, rice & veg

Saturday

lunch- it's possible that the in laws may be up, in which case they want us to find a restaurant - I have no idea what is open and what has outdoor seating, so this could be fun ! :-/

dinner- baked ham, rice and veg (or just a sandwich or toast if we pigged out at lunchtime !)

Sunday 

lunch- roast dinner

dinner- leftovers, cheese on toast or fridge grazing

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

7 comments:

  1. I am glad you feel better after your vaccine. Enjoy the bank holiday.
    Great meal plan. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to the second jabs and getting Pierre and Juliette done so that we can plan a trip over to see the family over the summer. It's been far too long. Not sure if this will be done by July or not though :-/

      Delete
  2. oh the joys of being tired after the vaccination. All your meals sound lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! The first jab isn't too bad but I've been told the second one is worse, in terms of side effects. Trying to plan a day when I can rest up without a long day at work, but it seems to be tough trying to judge when it will hit you !

      Delete
  3. Well done on getting the tax returns done!

    You've got some delicious meals planned, as always.

    I'm glad you've been vaccinated, got mine tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh good luck ! Hope you don't get any side effects xx

      Delete
  4. I'm glad your vaccine went ok and your feeling better now. I have just booked my 1st on and can't wait but hoping i don't have any side effects.
    Great meal plan for the week. Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...