Sunday 6 March 2022

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 10


I feel like I'm moaning the whole time lately (in my weekly round-ups, not in real life luckily !) Just in the last couple of weeks (in fact, since the end of the holidays), we've had the storm blowing our roof off (still waiting for repairs) and my last two Wednesdays and my Friday afternoon off being taken up with training sessions and open days, so I was looking forward to a nice quiet weekend to catch up on school stuff (marking and school reports to fill in) and tidying up (we're still mid-repapering the walls in the halls/stairs and all the garden furniture is still in my living room after the storm). Well, like I said, that was the plan. It all started well - Juliette finished early on Friday so we went to town to buy her some new jeans and continued on to the big out-of-town sports shop to get a new swimming costume and random other stuff for her upcoming school swimming lessons. Then Pierre came home and said his arm hurt because he got hit by a hard shot on his arm when playing football with his friend. I gave him some paracetamol and said it would probably be better in the morning but it wasn't, so we headed off to the hospital. It turns out, he has a fracture so his arm is in plaster from his hand almost to his shoulder. Can I just scream for a minute? Aaaggghhhhhh ! Right, that's better ! I just need a few extra hours in each day to get everything done ! Oh well, on to this week's meal plan (and I'll have to think of things that Pierre can eat without cutting as he's one handed now!)

Monday

lunch- I'm at the canteen, the kids have roast chicken/potato/carrots/gravy leftovers in the fridge

dinner - spaghetti bolognese

Tuesday

lunch- canteen for me, leftovers for the kids

dinner- Mexican chicken stew (with onions, peppers, courgettes) & rice

Wednesday

lunch- chicken sausages, ebly and coleslaw

dinner- pork lomo, pasta and veg

Thursday

lunch - lunch with friends and Sophie can come along

dinner- chilli con carne & rice

Friday

lunch-  leftovers

dinner - smoked sausages with lentils and mash

Saturday

lunch- McDonald's or somewhere similar

dinner- pizza

Sunday 

lunch- roast dinner probably, depending on what I picked up when I went shopping

dinner- leftovers or spaghetti carbonara

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Linking up with the Menu Plan Roundup over at Cats, Kids, Chaos

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a lot to moan about, I would be too. Poor Pierre, I hope his arm isn't too sore now. Surely this week has to be the week where things are better!
    Great meal plan! I love the sound of the Mexican chicken stew x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No ! It's been getting steadily worse !! I'll save the latest moans for next week though ! lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...