Sunday 18 September 2022

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 38


Last week, our modem stopped working and it took a few days for them to sort it out - it was a problem "in the box" whatever that means, so they sorted it out from "the box" in the street apparently. That meant we had no internet, no phone line and no TV for all of that time - aagghhh ! It wasn't too bad but it meant I couldn't log on to my school network and reply to messages and the kids couldn't either, so they had no access to homework and sheets that needed printing out or using. You don't realise how essential being online has become now. It also meant that I couldn't check my menu plan so we were running blind for a few days, based on what was in the fridge ! We did stick pretty close to what was planned actually, so I impressed myself ! Temperatures have dropped so I'm thinking more autumn/winter dishes, but apparently it's supposed to get hot again next week ? We'll see !

Monday

lunch- school canteen for me, leftovers for whoever eats at home

dinner - Provençal chicken with ebly & mangetout

Tuesday

lunch- school canteen for me, leftovers for whoever eats at home 

dinner- pork steaks with rice & ratatouille

Wednesday

lunch- leftovers for me and Pierre

dinner- battered fish, mash & peas

Thursday

lunch - leftovers for me and Pierre again if there are any - if not beefburgers and mash, with leftover peas or beans

dinner- tartiflette (potatoes, onions and stinky cheese, baked until it gets a crispy crust - yep, autumn is definitely here !)

Friday

lunch- canteen for me, leftovers for the kids

dinner - school open day (getting in early this year to try and get sign-ups before the private schools start recruiting !) so probably leftovers or Deliveroo, by the time I get in

Saturday

lunch-  creamy chicken & chorizo pasta (with onions, mushrooms, peppers and whatever else is in the fridge)

dinner- chicken & veg stir fry- or maybe a last meal out with Sophie before she heads back to college ?
 
Sunday 

lunch- normally the day Sophie goes back to college so we'll see what happens - maybe a roast dinner?

dinner- toast or leftovers

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! What a nightmare not having the internet and TV for a few days. We would have been lost without it. It has got chilly over the past week but I did read about us having an Indian summer, I do hope so.
    Great meal plan. Good luck to Sophie with the return to college. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...