Sunday 25 September 2022

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 39


The returning heatwave turned out to be fake news - it's gone decidedly autumnal at the moment so I think I'll be dragging out my slow cooker very soon. Sophie was supposed to be leaving us today but my dad, who was going to pick her up, has come down with covid - aagghhh ! Hope he feels better soon. Sophie is looking at train and ferry times and her landlady-to-be has offered to pick her up from Dover, which is great. I think she'll be off in a day or two. 

Monday

lunch- school canteen for me, leftover roast chicken for whoever eats at home

dinner - lemon chicken stir fry (with carrots, onions, mange tout, noodles)

Tuesday

lunch- school canteen for me, leftovers for whoever eats at home 

dinner- pasta carbonara

Wednesday

lunch- bacon sandwiches

dinner- battered fish, mash & peas

Thursday

lunch - spaghetti bolognese

dinner- fajitas

Friday

lunch- canteen for me, leftovers for the kids

dinner - BBQ chicken thighs with rice and coleslaw 
 
Saturday

lunch- maybe lunch in town (McDonald's ?) if we need to go to the shops

dinner- twice baked potatoes (stuffed with peppers, onions, tomatoes, bacon & cheese)
 
Sunday 

lunch- chicken curry and rice

dinner- toast or leftovers

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

1 comment:

  1. Yep! I remember reading about the last blast of summer and I am gutted it didn't arrive. It's so chilly now. Oh no! I hope your dad is feeling better soon and Sophie manages to work out her travel arrangements.
    Great meal plan. The lemon chicken stir fry sounds good and the baked potatoes. Yum, yum! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...