Saturday 22 October 2022

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 43


I'm back ! Did you miss me ?! Last time I blogged, the Norwegian group was about to go home, Sophie was back home from England and Juliette was on a school trip to Ireland. Things were busy on all fronts, which was why I assumed I wasn't feeling great. Then I kept feeling like my lungs were closing up overnight so I headed to the doctor's, who gave me a couple of inhalers and sent me for a lung x-ray. I didn't even have the time to go back with my test results before I was carted off to hospital in an ambulance when my lungs got so tight, I could hardly breathe. After a day in hospital, a week off work and a dose of antibiotics (and paracetamol three times a day - I thought paracetamol was just pain relief ?!), I'm starting to feel a bit better (but still coughing and short of breath) so I guess their diagnosis of lung infection was right. After two days back at school (tough going but I survived !), I'm just starting two weeks off on holiday - phew ! Time to recover ! Today we got a new fridge delivered (the old one flaked out) and dashed about sorting out Sophie's new flat - she's off to live in Lille in a few days. What did I say about relaxing ?! While I've been chilling out at home, I've bookmarked lots of new recipes to try out, depending on how I feel.

Monday

lunch- chickpea & roasted cauliflower stew with couscous (beefburger & couscous for Pierre and Juliette)

dinner - cauliflower cheese (pasta carbonara for Pierre/Sophie - probably half and half for Juliette !)

Tuesday

lunch- mici (Romanian kind of meatballs) with mash & salad/tomatoes

dinner- chicken cacciatore with rice

Wednesday



Thursday

lunch - Sophie's moving day so we'll probably all head to Lille for the day

dinner- final family dinner for a while in a restaurant?

Friday

lunch- battered fish, ebly & peas

dinner - chilli con carne & rice

Saturday

lunch- chicken tacos

dinner- pizza & garlic bread
 
Sunday 

lunch- tartiflette

dinner- spaghetti bolognese

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! You have been through it. I am glad you are starting to feel a little better. Good luck to Sophie in her new flat.
    Great meal plan and fantastic recipes. I love the sound of the mici. They do sound tasty. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! Looking forward to a quiet couple of weeks :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...