Sunday 26 February 2023

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 9


Tomorrow I'm back to work and I really don't feel like I've had a fortnight off ! I did manage to finish pretty much everything I had planned though, which was mainly stripping the wallpaper and repainting the walls. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to tidy up and put everything back as it should be though, so this afternoon (hopefully !) will involve carting piles of books back to shelves, putting picture frames back on the walls and throwing the hoover around. We stuck to the menu plan for most of the week, but the girls have been pootling about doing stuff and staying at Sophie's flat so several of the meals ended up just for two, which means they lasted two days for me and Pierre. The recipes that I didn't make will go back on the plan for next week, as I have the ingredients already bought. We loved the Chicken Brunswick Stew, which was actually really simple to make. The Pork Jambalaya was pretty good too but Juliette wasn't keen on the spices. I can't believe we're into March next week. Next job - sort out the patio so we can enjoy the sun ! 

Monday

lunch- canteen for me, leftovers for the kids

dinner - pork casserole with pasta

Tuesday

lunch- canteen for me, leftovers for the kids

dinner-  chicken in a pot with lemon & thyme dumplings (Ainsley Harriott, p74) and rice

Wednesday

lunch- chicken and chorizo traybake (with new potatoes)

dinner- pasta carbonara

Thursday

lunch - lunch with friends, leftovers for the kids

dinner- corned beef & potato pie with beans

Friday

lunch- canteen for me, leftovers for the kids

dinner - chicken pie with carrot mash, peas & potatoes (Jamie's 30 minute meals, p90)

Saturday



Sunday 

lunch- sticky chicken with rice

dinner- steak sarnie & crispy new potatoes (Jamie's 30 minute meals, p200) with salad

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you have got everything done that you had planned.
    I love the meals that you have planned this week, especially the corned beef pie! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...