Sunday 25 July 2010

Badger Baby Balm




On their facebook page, Badger promise to make "soothing and healing balms for your hands, feet, lips and body, made from the purest ingredients on Earth ! Safe and effective sunscreens and bug repellents - good for you, your family, and the planet" . I've already tested a few of their products over the past weeks and have been very impressed so far.

Today, I decided to try out the Baby Balm. I wasn't totally sure what they meant by Baby Balm, assuming it would be a nappy rash type of treatment, so I flipped over the cute little tin and had a look. "Baby Balm. For delicate skin anywhere on your baby. Great for adults with sensitive skin too ! Mild. Safe. Calming. Rub it in." OK, more of a general soothing skin balm then, but I'm sure it could help sooth nappy rash and I'm even tempted to try it on Sophie's occasional eczema-type rashes.

Like most of the Badger Balm products I've been trying out, the Baby Balm comes in an ultra-cute tin (once they're empty, I think I'll keep them all as decorative objects !) as a solid, slightly greasy balm whose consistency reminds me a bit of lip balm that comes in little pots.

As I've come to expect from Badger products, there are absolutely no chemical nasties and the ingredients list is reassuringly short. The main ingredients are Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Castor Oil and Beeswax. The lovely added extras in this balm are Roman Chamomile Essential Oil and Extract of Calendula, both of which are well known for their calming, soothing properties. All of the ingredients are also certified organic.

I rubbed a little into the back of my hand and it left a slightly greasy sheen but didn't feel at all sticky or unpleasant. My skin felt lovely and moisturised and I think this would make a lovely deeply nourishing treat for dry skin overnight or on rough dry skin on hardworking knees or elbows.

The Badger website suggests other ideas for ways to use it. "This is also an excellent product for people with sensitive skin or with skin conditions. For babies, use it to prevent and soothe the itching associated with diaper rash and cradle cap... can also be used for a soothing baby massage. Organic Baby Balm makes a great gift." Oooh cradle cap - the only thing I've found that works for getting rid of that is baby oil and it is soooo messy ! Rubbing in a little solid balm would definitely be a lot easier and it also smells a lot nicer.

If you're going off on holiday this summer, it's great that the Badger Baby Balm comes in a metal tin too, as it's much less likely to leak all over everything and is very compact. It's a great general purpose balm that can help soothe away any itchiness from mosquito bites, nettle rash, sunburn (you always miss a bit somewhere, however hard you try !), eczema, nappy rash ... it's definitely coming with us in our first aid kit when we head off on holiday next week !

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £3.99 for 21g

Other reviews you might be interested in :
Little Me Organics (Shh Sleepy Head Range)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...