Monday 19 July 2010

Palmolive Aromatherapy Anti-Stress Bath Foam





I don't get to have many baths these days - it's hard to have a long relaxing soak in the bath with three kids banging on the door or crying in the next room and constantly wanting your attention ! - so I'm very much a shower-girl now. I've therefore had a big bottle of Palmolive Aromatherapy Bath Foam sitting in my "to be reviewed" box for a while now. I love the colour, I love the smell when I open it for a quick sniff, I love the anti-stress claims, I just haven't had a chance to use it yet !



Well, today I decided to use it at the kids' bath-time when their other kiddie bubble bath ran out. I may not get the luxurious soak but at least I can breathe deeply as I wash their hair and hopefully take advantage of the anti-stress properties that way ! And, with a bit of luck, the calming fragrance will get them chilled out and ready for bed after spending all afternoon running around playing and squabbling at the park too !



Well, the first thing I noticed was the generous amount of bubbles that formed as I poured a little product in the running water. Well, I say a little - be warned ! After using quite a few products recently with a very small hole that you have to squeeze quite hard to get anything out, I gave the bottle a firm squeeze and loads came gushing out ! You can use a gentle touch with this bottle !



The bathroom was filled with a pleasant, natural-smelling but not at all overpowering fragrance. I could certainly detect lavender but there was more to it than that. A quick look at the label and I learned it's a calming blend of lavender, ylang ylang and patchouli. The kids liked the smell so it works for all ages and it's also a unisex scent that isn't too floral and girly.


Despite Sophie having sensitive skin prone to the odd allergic reaction, none of the kids had any adverse reactions to the bath foam so it's nice and gentle. Their skin wasn't particularly moisturised but wasn't dried out either. I was impressed to see that the bath foam contains natural essential oils which is quite luxurious for the price.


The Palmolive Aromatherapy range comes in two other fragrances : Happyful (with bergamot, cassis and orange flower) and Sensual (with jasmine, rose and orchid). If, like me, you never manage to get enough me-time for a long luxurious soak in the bath, you'll be pleased to know that all three varieties are available as bath foams and shower gels !


star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £2.15 for 500ml

Other reviews you might be interested in :

Palmolive Aromatherapy Morning Tonic Shower Gel
Palmolive Naturals Shower Milk - Calming Cherry Blossom
Method baby - Squeaky Green bubbly bath
Savonnerie Love Soak bath soak

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...