Friday 24 December 2010

Rachel's My First Yogurts

Until they kindly sent me a pack of their 'My First Yogurts' to review, I didn't know Rachel's Organics made baby yoghurts. Each pot in the 4-pack contains 90g which seemed quite a lot, compared to my usual baby yoghurts, but Pierre loved them so much, he finished each pot off in record time and still wanted more !

The yoghurt is thick (so it doesn't keep dribbling off the spoon !) and tastes really fruity and natural. The four flavours - raspberry, banana, strawberry and mango - are easily recognisable. They don't taste as sweet as Pierre's usual baby yoghurts because they contain no added refined sugar, but he loves them even more than his normal sweeter variety. On their website, they explain : "We understand how important it is to know that your baby's first foods are pure and natural. These thick fruit yogurts are made simply and with care; organic wholemilk yogurt is blended with smooth fruit purée and sweetened only with organic fruit juice concentrate".

The yoghurt is suitable for babies aged 4-6 months (but 17-month-old Pierre loves it !) so it is ideal as a first weaning food. As the label proudly says, it's a natural source of calcium, full of organic goodness with nothing artificial. I also love the fact that they contain probiotic cultures to help your child maintain a healthy digestive system. Just for taste alone, I'll definitely be buying them again.
 

Pierre may look all sad in this photo but it's because I stopped feeding him to take the photo so he's patiently (or possibly impatiently !) waiting for me to give him another spoonful !

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £1.80 for 4 x 90g

Other reviews you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...