Wednesday 19 January 2011

7 things you didn't know about me - my Meme !


I was first tagged at the start of the week but I decided it would be a bit strange to do a Meme post on a reviews blog so I just put my head in the sand ! But I've since been tagged several times and I figure I'm going to start upsetting a lot of lovely people in the blogosphere if I keep ignoring them ! So here goes. Here's your chance to get to know me a bit better ! Hmmm where to begin ?!

(1) I originally came to France on a one-year working contract straight out of uni, as part of a teaching assistants' exchange between my uni (Swansea) and Brest University in Brittany. I was supposed to go back home afterwards and become a French teacher but I met Mike and never moved back home to England ! Oops !

(2) I have one sister who is 18 years younger than me. She was born while I was at uni so we've never ever lived in the same house (except for visits home) !

(3) I was voted regional finalist in the Spam chef of the year competition this year but I couldn't go to the cook-off because I was working. Making turtle-shaped Spam pittas with Phil Vickery would have been surreal - and even more surreal is that, had I won, they would have ended up on the menu of a top London hotel's restaurant !! LOL

(4) I'm a total bookworm and always have at least one book on the go, sometimes two or three ! I have to read at least a few pages before going to sleep every night.

(5) I've been a teacher for the last 13 years but my dream when I was a kid was to be a stay-at-home-mum !

(6) I have three gorgeous kids - Pierre (18 months), Juliette (5) and Sophie (9) - but I'm also mum to an angel-baby, who we called Angel. She was stillborn on 6/6/08 and even if I'm not superstitious, I'm still really glad it wasn't two years earlier because the date would have freaked me out !!

(7) For our honeymoon, we went to America and travelled around on the East Coast, staying in youth hostels because we had hardly any money. We spent most of the time in bunk beds in shared dorms and even had to sleep in separate single sex dorms for one night. Not exactly romantic !!

Now I'm supposed to tag fifteen more people and invite them to do their own "seven things ..." Meme. Sorry if you've been tagged already and if you don't want to join in, don't feel you have to - I won't be offended because I don't usually do these either ! ;-)

My fifteen fab bloggers (in no particular order !)

1. @superluckydi
2. @PippaD
3. @Jax2000
4. @cafebebe
5. @chocadores
6. @simply_hayley
7. @jumblymummy
8. @RedTedArt
9. @johncraneblog
10. @Beckicklesie
11. @michelletwinmum
12. @netcurtains
13. @Kahanka
14. @gingerbread_mum
15. @allaboutheboys

And thanks to those who have tagged me :
@Mummiafelice
@melspur
@Jo_Bryan
@justforcomps


2 comments:

  1. I am a book worm too and also always have more than 1 on the go! Thanks for the tag, I have already doen the meme, mine is here - http://mdplife.blogspot.com/2011/01/fancy-knowing-7-new-things-about-me.html

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 18 years between you and your sister is quite a lot. I guess, it will be almost the same with my children. My daughter was born 11 days ago and my son is 15 y.o....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...