CO-Be Alarmed !
You may already be aware of the dangers of not having a smoke alarm in your home but most people are unaware of the dangers of not having a Carbon Monoxide alarm as well.
Ei Electronics, the UK’s leading manufacturer of domestic Carbon Monoxide alarms will once again be supporting this year’s national safety campaign, ‘CO-Be Alarmed’ and to get the ball rolling, they’re giving 6 people the chance to win an Ei204 audible Carbon Monoxide alarm for the home.
Produced when certain fuels are not burnt properly such as gas, oil, coal and wood, all fuel burning appliances, including cookers, fires, boilers and water heaters can produce Carbon Monoxide. In addition, Carbon Monoxide can also seep into properties via shared flues or chimneys and can even permeate through brick walls and plaster so always stay aware of the signs.
With the potential to cause permanent injury or even death, Carbon Monoxide poisoning is a potentially big threat to all.
So what are the main symptoms to watch out for?
Loss of consciousness
You can now buy an audible alarm such as the Ei204 from most DIY stores, supermarkets and high street stores such as Homebase, Robert Dyas and Wilkinsons.
The alarms retail at approx £29.99 each.
To be in with a chance of winning, you must do the following three things :
(1) follow my blog with Google Friends Connect (over on the side bar on the right)
(2) comment on any of my other blogposts and tell me where you commented (other giveaways don't count !)
(3) leave me a comment with an email or twitter name so I can contact you if you win. If I don't hear back from you within a week, I'll have to pick another winner.
Bonus entries :
You can do any or all of the following for bonus entries - just make sure you leave me one comment per entry so that they're all counted !
(1) Tweet : Be alarmed ! Carbon monoxide alarms up for grabs on @cherylp59 's blog. Enter here : http://bit.ly/fwbxnq Pls RT
(2) I love reading your comments so leave me some extra comments (maximum 3) and I'll give you a bonus entry for each one ! Just remember to leave me a comment here each time to tell me you've done so.
(3) I've just created a facebook page for Madhouse Family Reviews so I'd love for you to become a follower on there too - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Madhouse-Family-Reviews/144910798898626
UK only. Closing date : 8/2/11. Good luck.
Other giveaways you may be interested in :