Monday 6 May 2019

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 2019 week #19


Our water is back on so we've been filling up on rice, pasta and boiled potatoes again ! This week, I've been delving into my cookbooks for inspiration and found some things to try from The Hairy Dieters Make It Easy (which I grabbed for a fiver at The Works, but it's only £5.44 online too - bargain !). I'll let you know how everything turns out once we've munched it all !

Monday 

dinner - pork stroganoff with rice & veggies

Tuesday 

dinner - baked potatoes with bacon & mushroom filling (and loads of added cheese for those who want it - Juliette, I'm looking at you !). I might even add some baked beans in there, just because ... !

Wednesday 

lunch - tacos

dinner - garlic chicken with green beans, cherry tomatoes & couscous

Thursday 

dinner - salmon & broccoli tray bake (the kids can finish off leftovers instead or I'll knock up some mac and cheese for them)

Friday  

 dinner - cottage pie - hmmm haven't made one of these for ages and I really fancy one now !

Saturday

lunch - McDonald's or similar

dinner - sandwiches or fridge clearout

Sunday

lunch - sausages, onion gravy, mash and peas

dinner - sandwiches or leftovers

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

10 comments:

  1. Hooray for the water being back on!
    Well done with the bargain cookbook!
    The baked potatoes sound so good and so does the salmon & broccoli tray bake!
    Fab meal plan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All simple to throw together, I just needed a little help to think it all up ! :)

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear the water is back, what a relief! Like the sound of your menu plan. I haven't had a cottage pie in ages either, and it's such a great comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very glad the water is back - you don't realise how much you depend on it until it's gone !

      Delete
  3. All of your dinners sound delicious but the pork stroganoff in particular appeals to me!

    Thanks for linking up and I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the works for cheap cookbooks they always seem to have some amazing ones in. The stroganoff for me would be a winner this week. Hope you have an amazing week

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh we have not had sheperds pie in ages too, think i need to have it next week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cookbooks are a wonderful source of inspiration when ideas run out. I must admit that I find hard copies far preferrable to online books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your water is back on, we use so much water so couldnt imagine being without it, your meal plan sounds yummy as always xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...