Monday 20 May 2019

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 2019 week #21


So here we go, with another plan for what we're eating in the coming week. Last week's plan worked well, so I'll try for the same mix of old favourites and new dishes to try out. I think I'll change the way I cook a little bit. Up to now, I've been making enough for leftovers for the next day's lunch for Juliette, who eats home alone, but she tends to ignore whatever's in the fridge and eat something else anyway. We'll see how it works ! I'm going to try out some more recipes from Saving Dinner by Leanne Ely this week too.

Monday 

dinner - Mashed Potato Pie (p171) - think cottage pie, topped with hash browns & cheese instead of mash, with a side serving of carrots (or I might just shove them in the base layer) - hmmm I'm licking my lips here already !

Tuesday 

dinner - Chicken Fajita Orzo (p172) - basically chicken, pasta, veggies, spices ....

Wednesday 

lunch - leftovers or baked potatoes with cheese & beans

dinner - Hungarian hamburgers steaks (p198) (in buns, if I remembered to buy some !) with coleslaw & pan fried potatoes

Thursday 

dinner - Cashew Chicken (p178) (or I may substitute pork as there's some in the freezer) with rice or noodles

Friday  

 dinner - veal in a creamy sauce with pasta

Saturday

lunch - McDonald's or similar

dinner - sandwiches, salad or fridge clearout

Sunday

lunch - Lemon Roast Chicken (p208) with roast potatoes & veg

dinner - sandwiches, salads or leftovers

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

7 comments:

  1. The Mashed Potato Pie sounds so good and so does the Chicken Fajita Orzo. Great meal plan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll share the recipes later in the week (when I get a chance !) :)

      Delete
  2. Your Chicken Fajita Orzo sounds yummy, I also love baked potatoes with butter or cheese and beans xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great week and this book sounds interesting may have to have a little look x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicken Fajita Orzo sounds delicious - definitely one for me to look into!

    I hope the week is going well for you so far and thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chicken Fajita Orzo sounds wonderful, its a meal i am sure we would enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mashed Potato Pie sounds very appealing. Your comment about family members ignoring what has been left in the fridge for them and finding something else to eat made me smile as it is very familiar.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...