Monday 13 May 2019

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 2019 week #20


This week, I went shopping before writing up the menu plan, so I'll be using up things from the freezer or popping to the shops if anything is missing from my ingredients lists. I've been looking through the Saving Dinner cookbook by Leanne Ely, which I bought years ago then never really used much. It actually has loads of great ideas for simple dinners, so I'll be using it for inspiration over the coming weeks. I love the fact that it's American so their ideas of simple dishes can actually seem quite exotic and different to us.

Monday 

dinner - Chicken surprise !  I'm planning that there will be some leftovers from yesterday's roast chicken Sunday lunch with the Madhouse grandparents, in which case I'll chop up the leftover potatoes, veg and chicken and make a pie, or add extra rice or pasta if there's just chicken left. We'll see !

Tuesday 

dinner - baked ham, rice and veggies

Wednesday 

lunch - pork steaks, mash and beans

dinner - chicken with couscous salad, cherry tomatoes & cucumber

Thursday 

dinner - Grilled Asian pork with noodles & veg

Friday  

 dinner - Friday night? Sounds like the perfect time for pizza !

Saturday

lunch - McDonald's or similar

dinner - sandwiches, salads or fridge clearout

Sunday

lunch - "Make Mine Meat Loaf" with mash, swede & carrots

dinner - sandwiches, salads or leftovers

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

4 comments:

  1. I like the sound of the chicken surprise. I always like to do something with the leftovers from a roast dinner.
    Every Friday night here is pizza night. hehehe It's so easy to make at the end of the week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another yummy week, I wish I was more adventurous in the kitchen, my children are so fussy I tend to cook the same meals I know they will eat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the sound of the chicken surprise! Hope it was nice. Pizza is good any night

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great week, the grilled asian pork with noodles sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...