Thursday 2 April 2020

A Trip to the Beach, Confinement- Style, with Guylian Belgian Chocolates ! (review)


Here we are, heading into the third week of Coronavirus lockdown and, for many of us, this means being in confinement. As a teacher, my days are still pretty hectic though. Every day, I start off by uploading the day's lesson plans, then I settle down with Pierre to clear his schoolwork, then it's back to my internet account to mark all the work and answer all the questions sent over by my pupils. I go out once every ten days to brave the supermarket and the kids haven't been out at all in three weeks, so we're all getting a bit fed up. When the postman dropped off this box of Guylian Belgian Chocolates, I excitedly called them downstairs and said "Let's have a trip to the beach, confinement-style !" 


They arrived swiftly, frowning in confusion as they knew I wasn't about to bundle them on a bus to go to the beach, but they soon had big grins on their faces when they saw what I had in my hands - a box full of sea creatures made from marbled chocolate.


Their favourites were the seahorses and shrimps. The designs are really detailed and realistic-looking, and they also loved the fact that, given the swirls of different coloured chocolate, no two designs are identical.


There are also lots of different sea shells, that we tried to identify. I think I started getting stuck after the cockles and mussels though, but never mind, at least we could still enjoy the chocolate !


This wasn't the first time that we have tried Guylian chocolates, so I knew that we all loved the rich, smooth chocolate taste just as much as the shapes. They are made with the finest, hand-selected Mediterranean hazelnuts, which are roasted and caramelised to perfection before being blended with premium Belgian chocolate. Delicious ! 


What I didn't know about Guylian is the origin of their name - it's the combination of the founders' names, as the company continues to use Guy's recipe with Lianne's marbled shell designs. I love this nod back at their beginnings. I also love the fact that every time you buy a box of Guylian Belgian Chocolate Sea Shells, you are helping donate to Project Seahorse, which is dedicated to preserving seahorses and other marine life throughout the world. Not only do they taste good, they also do good for the planet !

The chocolates are available in a 250g box (22 pieces, as shown here, RRP £5) or a bigger 375g box (RRP £7.50). They are available at all major supermarkets, selected independent stores and online at www.guylian.com.

Disclosure : We received the product in order to share our honest review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...