Sunday 12 April 2020

Project 366 Photo Diary : Week 15

It was the last week in the run up to the Easter holidays, so I now have two weeks of confinement with no work - phew ! I have so much I need to sort out around the house, so it's nice to have the time to deal with it all !


Sunday 5th April - I finally couldn't put this off any more. The radiators in the whole house had recently got incredibly noisy, making weird banging and grating sounds that wake us up in the middle of the night and sound quite worrying. I had visions of the boiler going wrong or a radiator (or several !) springing a leak. I started venting all the radiators and got loads of air out, which definitely helped. Some of the little bits that need twisting are completely stuck though and the pipe coming out of the radiator started twisting instead. Two of them broke in half but luckily, no leaks, which is what I was mainly worried about, as I'm not sure if plumbers are still working. There's still some noise, but it's better than it was by a long way.


Monday - After clearing my morning work and sitting down with Pierre to help him do his, he asked if we could make pancakes. Again ?! OK, let's make some more then !


Tuesday - This is my new best friend ! A friend of mine gave it to me about two years ago and I will be honest, I'd never used it as I always used to drag one of the kids along to the supermarket with me to help carry everything ! Well, as I'm now going shopping on my own, it comes in very handy and means I can bring more shopping home than when it is just in bags.


Wednesday - The kids were bored and grumpy this afternoon, so I pulled out a cheeky little treat that I had picked up in Lidl yesterday. Pizza and hamburger flavoured crisps. They opted for Hamburger, which aren't bad but they have a distinct mustard kick. 


Thursday - This is the random flower of the day. (Sorry about the blurry edges !) I have no idea what it is and I certainly didn't plant it but it's just popped up on our patio ! It adds a nice splash of colour anyway. I need to sort the patio out next week, then at least we'll have a bit of outside space to use.


Friday - Yahoo ! It's the last day of school, which means no more uploading lessons and sending corrections/answering (usually very stupid) questions by email all day long. Bye bye Pronote, see you in a fortnight !


Saturday - This week, on Netflix, I've been watching Ugly Delicious, which follows an American-Korean chef around, looking at various types of food in all shapes and forms. The first episode is about pizza, for example, and looked at original Italian pizza, its American offspring, weird Japanese pizzas and Domino's pizza. It's quite interesting and very laid back, but it does have a bit of swearing in it. Hinterland is a series I'd heard about but never watched, so I started at series 1. I love the Welsh accents, as it's a blast from the past, reminding me of my student years in Swansea ! Creeped Out is a slightly scary but kid-friendly series (age 7+) that Pierre likes watching with me. And Saturday night is still my Ghost Adventure night on TV. It's about the only thing I watch (besides Netflix, since being in confinement) and is similar to Most Haunted, that I used to love watching in the UK.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

21 comments:

  1. Very brave of you tackling the radiators! Pleased they are mostly quieter now. I dread plumbing problems.
    Your shopping trolley is classier than mine. I gave in and bought myself one a couple of years ago as I couldn't manage bags of cat litter any more. I lost all my street cred but I don't care!
    Hope you all keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I don't think I had any street cred to begin with !! ;-)

      Delete
  2. I think a lot more people have started using shopping trollies since all this started. Well done on tackling the radiators - I think being the only adult in the house means you just have to get on with this sort of job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed ! It's just that usually, I know that if it all goes pear-shaped, I can call a professional, but in the current conditions, I'm not sure what happens !

      Delete
  3. Love the shopping trolley. I think they're a great idea where you have to walk to shopping. Enjoy the 2 weeks without work. I have next week on leave although not sure what I will do. Should have had this week off instead because I could have sanded and painted the outdoor table and chairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, the weather will stay nice ! xx

      Delete
  4. Hooray for the holidays! I hope you manage to get everything done around the house. It sounds like you did a great job with the radiators.
    I am starting to think I could do with a shopping trolley, with just one of us going we're not able to carry enough.
    Ohh! I love the sound of those crisps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shopping trolley is great for filling up with the heavy stuff like tins and bottles, then I take a big bag for life (or two if it's for big but light stuff like toilet roll and bread!)

      Delete
  5. Well done tackling the radiators, I too have been doing jobs I normally would ask someone else to do for me, but with all this time, why not? I've also got a pink shopping trolley, I've got a 3 mile return walk from the supermarket, although I do have a corner shop I can top up for milk. I'm from Wales, I hear my accent come out when I've had a few drinks or around other welsh people

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, love that you have an accent that comes back when you least expect it ! lol

      Delete
  6. Very brave of you tackling the radiators, don't think I could do that. I have done a fair amount of the painting. Pleased they are mostly quieter now. Your shopping trolley is awesome. Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I broke two of the twisty bits off so I'm just glad there were no leaks. The downstairs ones are still really noisy but they're stuck ! :-/

      Delete
  7. The shopping trolley looks very useful. Well done for tackling the radiators and fingers crossed that they are continuing to work well. That little flower is pretty. #project366

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're still pretty noisy but the downstairs ones are all completely stuck so I can't do anything about it ! :-/

      Delete
  8. Well done on the radiators I am not sure I would know where to start without searching the internet first. I was thinking the other day I could do with a shopping trolly. That flower is so pretty. I hope you have had a lovely first week of the Easter break

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an easy job ... except when the twisty bits are completely stuck ! :-/

      Delete
  9. I think we have exhausted netflix now, luckily we have apple tv for free for a year so have been binging on that. Well done on bleeding the radiators

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still scrolling through the suggestions ticking things - I'll never have time to watch it all though ! lol

      Delete
  10. I love the Lidl equivalent of Pringles but we don't have these flavours in the UK. I am catching up on lots of TV and enjoying Disney plus. We had pancakes this week and they have already been requested again! #project366

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pink shopping trolley. I need one.
    I also need to sort our radiators. You have reminded me.
    Sorry for delayed comment. The week caught up with me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool convenient shopping bag. That's an annoying radiator. Cute random flower.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...