Saturday 23 May 2015

Globe-cooking recipe : Greek Salad (Greece)


This is the taste of summer on a plate ! Crunchy lettuce (which wasn't part of the original recipe but I'm glad I added it), juicy sweet tomatoes, salty feta and olives and slightly acidic vinaigrette - it's an explosion of flavours that makes you forget it's diet-friendly !

Greek Salad


ingredients (per serving) :

a big handful of salad leaves (I used little gem lettuce)
2 ripe plum tomatoes
a few slices of red onion
10 Kalamata olives
100g feta
2tbsp olive oil
the juice of 1/2 lemon
salt/pepper
dried oregano


Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing the lemon juice and olive oil and stirring in the salt and pepper. That was it for the official recipe in my Greek-themed Kitchen Trotter box but it tasted bland to me so I added a splash of Light Asian Lucy's Dressing - it needs something acidic and tangy like vinegar to bring it alive (in my humble opinion !).

Arrange the salad leaves on the plate. Top with chopped tomatoes, drizzle with vinaigrette, sprinkle with cubes of feta, olives and very finely sliced red onion. Drizzle again with vinaigrette and sprinkle with dried oregano.

That's it !

*** Don't miss my country-by-country globecooking recipe index ! ***

Want to try some other Greek dishes? Take your pick from this little lot ! :


2 comments:

  1. Im off on holiday to Zante soon so will probably get to try this at our resort, looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret Clarkson
    Lovely recipe, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...