Monday 27 May 2019

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 2019 week #22


Last week's menu plan didn't really go to plan, as both Pierre and I were ill and ended up taking Thursday and Friday off. I did get to make (and blog about) Mashed Potato Pie, if you want to check out that recipe. Hopefully, this week we'll all be back on form, but it's a short week anyway (just Monday and Tuesday at school for us - woohoo !). I have an annoying cough that I'm hoping won't last very long, so fingers crossed. With the weather picking up, we've all been feeling like salads lately, which is great news, as far as I'm concerned ! Page references are from Saving Dinner by Leanne Ely, which I'm currently delving into.

Monday 

dinner - late home tonight so something quick - spaghetti bolognese sounds ideal

Tuesday 

dinner - second late meeting so something from the freezer - frozen pizzas or flammenkueche sounds good to me

Wednesday 

lunch - BBQ beef skewers (p207) with couscous and salad

dinner - Chicken Fajita Orzo (p172) - basically chicken, pasta, veggies, spices .... (one from last week that didn't get made)

Thursday 

lunch - Spicy Pork with Pineapple & Avocado Salsa (p211) & rice

dinner - Restaurant Style Chinese Chicken (p203)  with noodles & green beans

Friday  

lunch - probably loads of leftovers to use up by now

 dinner - beef casserole with mash & peas

Saturday


lunch - McDonald's or similar

dinner - sandwiches, salad or fridge clearout

Sunday

lunch - spicy chicken breasts with Ebly & veg or salad

dinner - sandwiches, salads or leftovers

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

7 comments:

  1. I hope you and Pierre are feeling better soon.
    I love the sound of the Spicy Pork with Pineapple & Avocado Salsa. It sounds very summery! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound summery, which went with the weather when I was writing the plan, but it's raining hard now - boo ! lol

      Delete
  2. Hope Pierre and you get better soon, and you can have a relaxing school break. I wish my people would eat orzo or couscous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pierre's fighting fit again - I've got a lingering cough but I'm feeling much better than last week, so it's win-win ! :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds delicious! I hope you are feeling better soon so you can enjoy the meals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I've already said this before but I'm still loving the sound of the Chicken Fajita Orzo. Hope your week is a good one so far and thanks for linking up! Sorry you've been ill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the osund of Thursday's dinner! I do hope you're both back to full health and get to enjoy these amazing eats!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...