Thursday 12 September 2019

Philadelphia + Milka = Yum ! (review)


If you're a teenager, arriving home from school apparently means you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO have a snack. I remember Sophie doing this a few years ago and now it's Juliette's turn. Cries of "but we'll be having dinner soon, don't fill yourself up" are met with sniggers and reassurances of "don't worry about that" (which, I have to admit, is true !). However, Juliette has a problem, because she can never decide if she wants something sweet or savoury. Philadelphia must have been listening because now she can have the best of both worlds and tuck into their Milka Philadelphia spread.


Yes, you heard me right. Philadelphia cream cheese has been lovingly mixed with Milka. I know what you're probably thinking - cream cheese and chocolate? Really ?? Well, if I'm honest, I was slightly dubitative when I first tried it, but it's actually really lovely. Slathered on toast. Spread over pancakes. Cheekily added to the top a a biscuit before slamming another on top ! It has a really smooth, rich, creamy flavour that we all love.


Well, today we discovered that it can also be used as a rather delicious and totally time-saving instant icing. Pierre was busy in the kitchen making some cupcakes and when they'd cooled down enough to decorate, I was busy preparing dinner and taking up all the space in the kitchen. I suggested using the Philadelphia Milka that was in the fridge along with some sprinkles and it worked perfectly.


If you're looking for a delicious sweet spread, that can be eaten on bread or used as a topping on cheesecakes and cakes, it's perfect. I find it much less sweet than regular chocolate spreads and jams, but Juliette still loves it just as much. Each 30g serving (that's about a sandwich's worth !) contains 85 calories, 4g of fat (of which 2.5g saturates), 10g of carbs (of which 10g sugar) and 1.9g of protein. You can buy a 150g tub for £1.80 but ASDA currently have it on offer for 95p, if you fancy giving it a try ! 

Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this product but it looks interesting. I particularly like the fact that it has more than just a trace of protein and that it is spreadable. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent seen this in any of the supermarkets, but will certainly look out for itl to give it a try

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...