Monday 30 September 2019

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 2019 week #40


There's a distinct feeling of autumn (if not winter !) in the air, so we're craving casseroles, baked potatoes and warming comfort food. Maybe it's time to dig out the slow cooker ! I made some chicken soup with the leftovers from our roast chicken dinner last night and everyone (particularly Pierre !) was enthusing about it being the perfect warming meal, so I'll definitely have to make that again too. It's so quick and simple, so I'm not complaining !

Monday 

dinner - leftover roast chicken with rice, veg & gravy

Tuesday 

dinner - sausages with mash & beans

Wednesday 

lunch - spare ribs with ebly & coleslaw

dinner - breaded fish fillets with rice & carrots

Thursday 

dinner - spaghetti bolognese (or maybe carbonara)

Friday  

lunch - leftovers if there are any - if not chilli con carne & rice

dinner - twice baked potatoes with cheese, beans and maybe some bacon or ham stuffed inside - hmmmm !

Saturday

lunch - McDonald's or similar

dinner - toasted sandwiches - I'm craving cheese and ketchup as I write this menu plan but I may go for something more grown-up sounding by next weekend !

Sunday

lunch - chicken & veg with noodles & lashings of soy sauce

dinner - chicken soup will probably be a big hit, otherwise sandwiches or leftovers

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

2 comments:

  1. I am loving the comfort food that this time of year brings!
    Great meal plan! Sausages, mash & beans is on of my favourite things to eat when it's cold. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...