Monday 13 April 2020

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 16


Last week's menu plan got swapped around a fair bit, as I ended up going to Lidl on Tuesday for orange/apple juice and then on Friday for Easter eggs, so I had lots of fresh meat to use up before going on to the stuff in the freezer compartment. Never mind, I'll come back to those recipe ideas when I need to cook something from the freezer. I bought too much meat really, as it was all on offer for €0.50 (which works out at 44p, for 350g chicken fillets, 450g turkey fillets, 5 x pork steaks, mince, ...), as the long weekend was looming so they needed a clearout. I'm hoping I won't have to throw anything out, as they're all short dates, but we'll see. I'm delving into the cooking sauce/seasonings cupboard this week, to see what I can use up. There are lots of things from Degustaboxes and similar, that may not be to our tastes, but I'll see what I can come up with !

Monday

lunch- Cajun turkey fillets with rice

dinner- freshly minced beefburgers for the kids with fried potatoes / fish (sole) with salad and leftover rice for me

Tuesday

lunch- smoky Spanish pork with pasta

dinner- leftovers (there are a couple of bits of pizza, some smoked salmon and probably some leftovers from the past few meals too)

Wednesday

lunch- Thai holy basil turkey (from a cooking kit) with couscous

dinner- breaded chicken with mash & beans

Thursday

lunch-  Teriyake turkey skewers (from a cooking kit) with noodles

dinner- sausages, stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon, with .... probably leftovers (mash? couscous?), if not pasta

Friday

lunch- something with mince ... hmm chilli con carne, I think, with rice

dinner - I'm thinking there will be leftovers again - if not, a quick spaghetti bolognese will be on the menu ! (I could even incorporate any leftover chilli into the sauce)

Saturday

lunch- chicken cordons bleus (breaded chicken fillets stuffed with ham & cheese) with mash or maybe baked potatoes

dinner- baked ham with spaghetti

Sunday 

lunch- smoked sausages with leftover pasta or rice

dinner- whatever's left in the fridge, or toast if the fridge is empty !

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Well done with your bargain meat.
    All of your meals sound so good. I love the sound of the Thai holy basil turkey and the Teriyake turkey skewers. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect for adding some new flavours to mealtimes - I was getting bored of cooking (and eating !) the same things.

      Delete
  2. Wow some amazing sounding meals we have not done chicken cordons bleus but I know its somethinh I would really like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They pretty much all use seasoning sachets and sauces from the cupboard so I'm cheating this week ! lol

      Delete
  3. That sounded like a great bargain on the meat! Your meals sound delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was - how could I turn it down ?! I'm glad we managed to use it all up before it went off :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...