Monday 27 April 2020

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 18


Back to (home) school this week, which will be fun (not !). It shouldn't be too bad for me, as I worked out all this week's lessons and uploaded them yesterday, so I'll just have emails to answer throughout the day and incoming work to mark. That will just leave Pierre's work to deal with (and Juliette to kick up the bum from time to time, if she starts slacking off !). I'll need to go shopping midweek so the latter part of this week's menu plan will depend on what they have available instore. I'm clearing out the freezer compartment of the fridge too, so I'll have to remember to defrost things the night before.

Monday

lunch- homemade sausage rolls with baked potatoes and salad

dinner- baked ham with rice and leeks

Tuesday

lunch- fishfingers, mash & veg (plus extras for the kids to finish off tonight)

dinner- I still have some partridge in the freezer box - two whole partridges as well as another pack of partridge fillets - so I'll do something with those. Not sure the kids will be keen though, so they can fall back on leftover fishfingers if necessary. (I'm thinking roasted partridges with bacon and potatoes for me.)

Wednesday

lunch- Honey garlic chicken with rice & veg/salad

dinner- pork casserole with potatoes & veg

Thursday

lunch-  chicken gyros with couscous

dinner- leftovers I think, if not bacon sandwiches

Friday

lunch- hot dogs, chips & coleslaw

dinner - chopped up sausages, with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and pasta

Saturday

lunch- I'm thinking there are probably still leftover sausages (it was a giant 1kg pack from the freezer !) so sausages with rice and a sweet onion sauce (or maybe a sausage casserole if I have a pack of seasoning)

dinner- something from Lidl, as I will need to go shopping today - quiche maybe? with potatoes & salad ... or something from their frozen section

Sunday 

lunch- roast chicken with potatoes, veg & gravy

dinner- toast or maybe leftovers

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

8 comments:

  1. Good on you for getting ahead and uploading all the lessons. I hope it makes it easier for you.
    Great meal plan. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work with the lessons and sausage pasta is such a great meal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, which made me wonder - why is it that some of the best tasting meals are so simple to prepare ? Is there a link ? :)

      Delete
  3. It's great that you had both lessons and menu planned ahead. I haven't made sausage rolls for ages, really must make some soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cheated and used a roll of puff pastry that was taking up space in the freezer box !

      Delete
  4. We made home made sausage rolls and they were so good. I haven't had partridge in years, it's not easy to get here, unless you go to the expensive game butcher! I like your meal plan, looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a look at www.wildandgame.co.uk/ - they claim to have cheaper prices and they even have big boxes to get you through confinement too !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...