Sunday 31 May 2020

Project 366 : Photo Diary week 22

So, confinement is over, it would seem. As of Tuesday, both me and Pierre will be back at school. Pierre will have lessons on Mondays and Tuesdays, then carrying on with homeschooling while the other half of his class goes to school. I'll be back to teaching every day, so Pierre's homeschooling is going to get a bit trickier !


Sunday - After a peaceful day chilling out at home, we headed out with the dog at the end of the day. It was really hot so we didn't stay out for that long. Then we headed home and I did a facebook video chat with Sophie and my mum and dad.


Monday - A "normal" day of dealing with Pierre's schoolwork in the morning, then replying to emails with the pupils and marking their work in the afternoon. I'm REALLY hoping that, once we go back to school, they're not going to expect us to carry on with online schooling too, as it takes an unbelievable amount of time. Oh well, if the worst comes to the worst, there's only a month to go until the summer holidays.


Tuesday - While I was busy multitasking in the kitchen, doing the washing up while waiting for the pasta to cook, I started smelling a weird, horrible smell. Looking around, I realised that the sieve - sitting on the side, waiting to drain the pasta - was completely melting. Now, it was close to the hob where the pasta was cooking, but not actually touching anything so I was slightly shocked. It made the kids laugh though !


Wednesday - For the first time in two months, I decided to go to the big supermarket, rather than the local Lidl five minutes across the road. I wanted to check out the bus situation before heading back to work next week and - well, I needed a new colander ! The buses weren't too bad actually - I was expecting them to be a lot busier. They will be more full up next week when the schools go back, but I don't have much choice ! While in the supermarket, I picked up a new gas bottle for the Sodastream - woohoo ! I also stocked up on the syrups - they were out of the usual coke one, but I tried some new official ones for Pepsi Max and 7 Up. Very nice !


Thursday - A quieter day in terms of work, so I caught up with the end of the latest series that I've been watching on Netflix, Marcella. It's an interesting concept - the main character, played by Anna Friel, goes back to work as a cop after taking some time off to look after her kids and get over her baby's death. As the series goes on, we realise that she has strange moments where she flips out and has no idea what she's done. She eventually finds out, via hypnosis, what happened on the day her baby died. I won't tell you any more but I'm not at all convinced that the third series will be as good/believable. Hmmm, time will tell !


Friday - After a surprise phone call, we've sorted out a new orthodontist appointment for Juliette, to replace the one that was cancelled back in April. The only bad thing - it's at 8.40am on a Saturday. Eek ! I need to head to the travel agent's too, to find out about either paying the balance or getting a reimbursement for this summer. It's a total lack of information at the moment. Today's photo is of Didou - he needs a haircut very soon !


Saturday - The final weekend before heading back to work, so, after the weekly shop, I chilled out and caught up on watching Catfish on MTV. It feels so strange to be getting ready to go back to work. It's a chilled out week at least - Monday is a bank holiday, Tuesday morning is a staff meeting and the afternoon is showing the pupils around school so they can see the new one-way system and learn about the new rules. Then Wednesday is my day off, so it's only Thursday and Friday that I'll have lessons.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

21 comments:

  1. Good luck with returning to your normal life or as close as it's going to get. I hope everything goes OK.
    It has been so hot. You did right not staying out for long with the dog.
    It's crazy to think there's only just over a month for us until the summer holidays. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ! My brain still can't comprehend that we're into June !

      Delete
  2. Hope your return to work and school goes smoothly. Would not Pierre be classified as a child of a key worker, if you work, and would be offered a place at school on the days you work? I didn't think about teachers going back and keeping online teaching, that would be a huge amount of work. Didou looks cute, with a long fringe.
    eek @ the melted colander. I haven't watched Marcella or Catfish, and since the lockdown started haven't been able to watch anything I really want. I started watching Outlander (last season) just before the lockdown, but never finished. Maybe in September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point about Pierre, but I don't think so. There would be no space if all teachers put their kids in. Luckily Juliette is at home to help out with food and stuff anyway and I keep telling myself, it's only five weeks ! :-/ I don't normally watch much TV but I've been catching up a bit during confinement ! :)

      Delete
  3. How cool is that, I didn't know you could get official drinks for the sodastream, only their versions, I need to dig out my soda stream! It would save me money on pop as my husband loves drinking stuff like that. Hope everything goes well with back to work! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're new apparently - not bad, but they're slightly smaller and a bit more expensive. I'd stick with the sodastream ones but this was all they had. Haven't tried the 7Up one yet - that might be more convincing as it has a unique taste.

      Delete
  4. Stay safe, both of you. I think by the time lockdown is over, everyone will have said, "enough!" to online classes. It's quite interesting seeing plastic melt. I'm guessing whatever happened to her baby is the reason Marcella flips out often? Didou looks adorable! Do get its haircut as it's getting hotter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right about the online classes ! For Marcella - nope ! lol. And for Didou, yeah, I know - I need to find the time (and motivation) to shave him. He hates it and gets snappy because he's scared so it's never a fun moment ! lol

      Delete
  5. Good luck with returning to school. I hope everything goes OK. The weather has been lovely. You did right not staying out for long with the dog. They are getting so hot aren't they? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it was ... but it's back to rain at the moment ! :-/

      Delete
  6. Good luck with school, I hope they are not expecting you to teach full time as well as deal with the work the children will do at home on top of that.As well as running a house and being a parent.
    oops to the colander, thank goodness you were not to far away or things could have been different.
    Good idea to suss out the buses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only have to do lessons at school now, so my free time is back. Phew !

      Delete
  7. Hope everything goes well with being back at school. Ours have said that if we choose not to send them in, then we'll have to rely on online resources already sent though, as teachers will be concentrating on teaching in school and not sending work home. Luclily N isn't due back yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's basically the same as here - school is available for those who want it, so we no longer have to provide online schooling. They can just follow the lesson plans for those at school :)

      Delete
  8. Ha ha ha! Didou looks so cool with all that fur! The epitome of a cool dog! :)
    Nicely done on venturing further for a bigger food shop, it's odd how such a simple task is now such a huge chore we all need to prepare for!
    Hoping the return to school goes well - we've just had confirmation today that Year 6 can return on June 15th for class, though can continue working on online work if not returning. Hope you are getting some rest, it must be manic at the moment! Sim x #Project366

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got home from work - made it to the weekend, woohoo ! lol

      Delete
  9. Hope it all went well at school this week - it does seem strange relaxing the controls a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with returning to your normal life, or the new normal as we are refering to it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope that all went okay with the return to school and work. Oops about the sieve getting melted! #project366

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our lockdown is far from over! Hope the return to normality is smooth! Oops for the colander... #project366

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am wondering if it will be more of an adjustment coming out of lockdown than it will going in. I hope your first week back went well and public transport was okay x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...