Sunday 20 June 2021

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 26


Things have been so busy lately, I'm glad we're heading into the last few weeks at school. Juliette had her first Covid jab yesterday and is feeling a bit under the weather. Pierre couldn't get his (he's a few weeks under the required age) so we'll have to rebook his next month after his birthday. That means we won't have time to do both jabs and the required 2 week wait then head over to the UK before the end of the holidays - grrrr. Fingers crossed, it'll be for the October half term. We'll all be fully vaccinated by then so, hopefully, nothing can go wrong. (Fingers crossed !) It's weird to be heading into the summer with absolutely nothing planned - oh well, I'm sure we'll come up with a plan. Plus I have loads to sort out around the house to keep me busy ! Right, what's on the menu for next week ?

Monday

lunch- chicken burgers in buns (with tomatoes, gherkins, cheese, mayo, relish, ... whatever anyone wants !) with curly fries

dinner - breaded chicken for the kids, steak for me (and Juliette - she can choose as she likes both) with rice and veg

Tuesday

lunch- The kids can sort themselves out - I'm having lunch with a friend for the first time in 18 months ! We used to have lunch together once a week so it'll be great to finally catch up  :)

dinner- I have an after school meeting (the final one - phew !) so something quick when I finally get home - spaghetti bolognese will do

Wednesday

lunch- fajitas

dinner- twice baked potatoes stuffed with bacon, cheese, onions, mushrooms ... or with tuna mayo maybe? I'll let the kids decide !

Thursday

lunch - BBQ-style spicy pork chops with rice & veg

dinner- chicken with noodles and veg (kinda chow mein style)

Friday

lunch- School is closed getting ready for exams so it's a lazy day - woohoo ! I might offer to grab a takeaway for the kids, either in the kebab/fried chicken shop or in the chip shop. We'll see !

dinner - homemade quiche, boiled potatoes and salad

Saturday

lunch- There may well be leftovers from yesterday's takeaway. If not, pasta carbonara.

dinner- Worst case scenario is pizza, but I'm hoping there will be interesting nibbly bits at the supermarket - they've had lots of Italian, Chinese and Greek starters/dishes to try out lately

Sunday 

lunch- roast chicken, roast potatoes & veg with gravy

dinner- leftovers or toast

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to Juliet getting her first vaccine. I am sure she'll be feeling better in no time. What a shame that Pierre can't get his vaccine in time to travel to the UK.
    Great meal plan. Enjoy the lunch out with your friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love curly fries and need to make Quiche again not done it in years and sure the boys would love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a shame about the vaccines, I hope you can get it done and dusted for October, which I think will be here before we know it hey?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...