Monday 20 September 2021

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 39


Everything went down well last week. The mango chicken and noodle salad (which is actually a hot meal so I wouldn't have called it a salad) was popular, the chicken dishes went down well and the minced beef pies were as popular as they were the first time I made them. All in all, a great week for meals ! I've worked out that on Thursdays, I have a long day at school (until 5.30pm) and I'm too tired to cook anything complicated once I get home so I'll be planning on using up leftovers or quick dishes (or convincing Sophie to cook !) from now on. Here's this week's plan. There seems to be a lot of pork this week, because we cleared out the reduced meat section at the supermarket !

Monday

lunch- canteen for me

dinner - pork lomo with mash and coleslaw

Tuesday

lunch- canteen for me

dinner- pork stew with rice

Wednesday

lunch- baked potatoes with bacon/bean stew

dinner- chicken fajitas

Thursday

lunch - sandwiches (or leftovers)


Friday

lunch- leftovers

dinner - spicy pork belly with rice and coleslaw

Saturday

lunch- McDonald's or kebab

dinner- leftovers

Sunday 

lunch- roast chicken, roast potatoes, gravy & veg

dinner- fridge diving !

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Katykicker

5 comments:

  1. Well done on a successful week of meals. I hope Sophie helps with the cooking. Great meal plan. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a long day on Thursday, hope Sophie helps with dinners. I like the reduced price section, but only ever manage to grab something on a Sunday, when our supermarket closes early, otherwise during the day the reduction is minimal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always used to hit the right time at about 5pm on a Saturday but it seems very random now.

      Delete
  3. Well done on the reduced bargains, can't beat a nice yellow sticker can you?! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love the chance to fill the freezer on the cheap !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...