Sunday 3 April 2022

What's Cooking At The Madhouse ? menu plan week 14


I'm back ! Things got majorly hectic so I didn't even manage to find the time to make a menu plan for the past two weeks. After filling in school reports, I had the end of term meetings for each class (late in from work every night, getting home around 7.30pm so Sophie took over on food duty) then the week after, parent-teacher evenings. On top of that, I've been tracking down a new roofer. He's been and done emergency repairs. Now the insurance need to send an expert and they can do the actual repairs. Pierre's plaster cast has been taken off his arm and he's back to school, after his week off with Covid. Juliette had her Covid booster jab. (Pierre didn't need one as he had Covid.) Things have finally calmed down, so I'm back to preparing a menu plan again. I want to start making some space in the freezer as it's looking pretty full up at the moment !

Monday

lunch- I'm at the canteen, the kids can find something in the fridge

dinner - cauliflower cheese for me and Juliette, creamy potato bake for Sophie & Pierre, with bacon and onions added in to make it a full meal

Tuesday

lunch- canteen for me, leftovers for the kids

dinner- chicken & veg with noodles and sweet & sour sauce

Wednesday

lunch- leftovers or chicken burgers & mash

dinner- beef or veal stew in the slow cooker with rice

Thursday

lunch - a meal with friends for me and Sophie can come along

dinner- I have a final meeting so Sophie will probably be on food duty. There's special fried rice in the freezer, with some chicken on the side to pad it out.

Friday

lunch- Sophie can sort out something, omelette maybe?

dinner - cottage pie

Saturday

lunch- maybe a trip to McDonald's or maybe leftovers

dinner- pasta carbonara

Sunday 

lunch- roast chicken, roast potatoes, veg & gravy

dinner- I think there will be leftovers to use up. If not, fridge grazing should do it.

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Linking up with the Menu Plan Roundup over at Cats, Kids, Chaos

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy! I hope things are calming down now and that the you get the proper repairs done on your roof soon.
    Great meal plan. All of your meals sound so warming and filling. Just what we need with this rubbish weather x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...